Applications are now invited from meritorious women researchers for the SERB-POWER (Promoting Opportunities For Women in Exploratory Research) program.
SERB-POWER (Promoting Opportunities For Women in Exploratory Research) program is formulated to mitigate gender disparity in science and engineering research funding in various S&T programs in Indian academic institutions and R&D Laboratories. SERB-POWER is specially designed to provide structured effort toward enhanced diversity in research to ensure equal access and weighted opportunities for Indian women scientists engaged in research and development activities.
Mechanisms of Support
SERB would endeavor to create a funding framework for empowering women researchers in Science, Technology, and Innovation(STI) under the following two categories:
This scheme aims to encourage emerging and eminent women researchers for an individual-centric and competitive mode of research funding to undertake R&D activities in frontier areas of science and engineering. POWER Grants will empower women researchers by funding them under the following two categories:
- Level I: The scale of funding up to 60 Lakhs for three years.
- Level II: The scale of funding up to 30 Lakhs for three years.
- Applicants [Principal Investigator (PI) and Co-Principal Investigator(s)(Co-PI(s))] should be Indian citizens.
- The Applicant(s) must hold a regular academic/research position in a recognized academic institution or national laboratory or in any other recognized R&D institution in India.
- Applicants from IITs, IISERs, IISc, NITs, Central Universities, and National Labs of Central Government Institutions will be considered under the Level I category, whereas applicants from State Universities/ Colleges and Private Academic Institutions should apply under the Level II category.
- POWER Grant will be regulated through terms of reference confirming to SERB-CRG guidelines.
- The selection will be based on the recommendations of the Program Advisory Committee (PAC) constituted by the Board. If required, the applicants may be called for discussion/presentation.
- SERB POWER grant will be regulated through terms of reference conforming to SERB CRG guidelines except sharing of 50 % non-recurring cost by National Laboratories and Research Institutions.
- Woman scientists can not hold POWER Fellowship and POWER Grant at the same time.
- Faculties recruited through UGC-Faculty Recharge Program are eligible to apply. INSPIRE Faculty, Ramanujan and Ramalingaswamy Fellows are also eligible to apply provided they have at least three and half years of tenure remaining at the time of submission of application.
- Investigators who will be superannuating during the duration of the project or already superannuated are also eligible to apply. In such cases, a Woman Faculty/ Scientist from the host institute who has at least 5 years of service remaining should be associated as a Co-PI.
- The host institution should allow the investigator to continue after superannuation and provide the required support for the implementation of the project.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is December 31, 2020.
Email ID: email@example.com
For full notification, click the link below.