Applications are invited for SERB Empowerment and Equity Opportunities for Excellence in Science 2021. The last date of application is 30 June 2021.
The Empowerment and Equity Opportunities for Excellence in Science (EMEQ) scheme is aimed at providing research support to researchers belonging to the Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe in undertaking research in frontier areas of science and engineering.
- The applicant should be an Indian National.
- Should be an active researcher belonging to the Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe category working on regular basis in an academic institutions/national lab or any other recognized R&D institutions in the field of Science and Engineering.
- The applicant should hold Ph.D. degree in Science or Engineering or M.D. / M.S. / M.D.S. / M.V.Sc. degree.
- The applicant should have at least four years of service remaining before superannuation as on the date of submission of the proposal.
- Researchers/Scientists who have ongoing project under EMEQ scheme as on the date of submission of the proposal are not eligible to apply.
- Co-Investigators are not allowed in the scheme
For online submission of the application the following points may be noted:
- Applicant(s) should first register into the online website click here to register
- After log-in, applicants are required to fill all the mandatory fields in Profile Detail section under User Profile, which includes Bio-data, photo, Institute Address, etc.
- Some of the details of your proposal like Project Title (max 500 characters), Project summary (max 3000 characters), Keywords (max 6), Objectives of project (max 1500 characters), Expected output and outcome of the proposal (max 1500 characters), Budget (Manpower, Consumables, Travel, Equipment, Contingency, Overheads ) have to be entered at the time of proposal submission.
- Other relevant information of the proposal has to be uploaded as a single PDF file, not more than 10 MB, as technical document (TD).
- Funding is provided up to a maximum of Rs. 50.0 lakh (excluding overhead charges).
- The research grant will cover equipment, manpower, consumables, travel and contingency. Overheadswill be provided as per prevailing norms of SERB.
- Duration of the project shall be for a maximum of three years.
Click here to view the official notification of SERB Empowerment and Equity Opportunities for Excellence in Science 2021.
You may also be interested in: