Nalanda University is an international and research-intensive class located in the historical city of Rajgir, in Bihar, India. It was established by an Act of Parliament to emulate the famous ancient university of Nalanda, which functioned between the 5th and 13th centuries.
Applications are invited for the Post-Doctoral Fellows at Nalanda University, Bihar.
No. of Posts
Aquifer characterization, artificial recharge and reuse of suddenly available water in South Bihar
- Artificial recharge is increasingly used for short or long-term underground water storage, where it has several advantages over surface storage. This project aims to demonstrate the technical feasibility, social acceptability, and economic viability of ASR (Aquifer Storage and Recovery) system in South Bihar.
- The project focuses on aquifer characteristics using pumping test and flowing fluid electrical conductivity logging, barriers to the adoption of this technology through regular stakeholder consultations, and economic rate of return by analyzing the benefits and costs involved. A hydro-geological map of the study site is being produced based on the aquifer data, and long-term monitoring of recharged water are initiated for continuous risk assessment.
- The project evaluates the recharge capacity, benefits derived, and key social factors that help adoption of ASR technology by the small farm holders. Continuous field observations on daily basis is planned to monitor before and after the monsoon. This project is funded by Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research.
- PhD in Environmental Studies, Environmental Sciences, Geology, Geohydrology, Agricultural Engineering / Sciences, Water Resources Management, etc. or PhD in any relevant Social Science discipline or equivalent (such as Rural Management).
- The person has to be proficient in English and Hindi.
- Ph.D. degree (awarded or submitted and viva-voice) in relevant disciplines is essential.
- Skills in more than one of these areas (well-logging, groundwater mapping, groundwater modeling, or qualitative or quantitative research methods, statistical packages).
- Familiarity with community-based research and experience of working with farmers in rural areas will be an advantage.
- Experience in writing project reports, journal articles, data analysis, and project management.
Consolidated Rs 50,000 per month
until 31st Dec 2020
How to Apply?
- Send all documents in PDF format via email (email@example.com) by June 30, 2020.
- Date of interview: It will be communicated soon to the short-listed candidates.
- Venue of the interview: Online via Skype.
June 30, 2020
Dr. Prabhakar Sharma
For further details, click here.