Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the post of Senior Research Fellow (SRF) at ICAR -Central Arid Zone Research Institute, Jodhpur.
The Central Arid Zone Research Institute (CAZRI) is one of the biggest research institutes of the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), an autonomous organization working under the aegis of the Department of Agriculture Research and Education (DARE) of the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare of Government of India.
Name of Project
Enhancing Food and Water Security in Arid Region through Improved Understanding of Quantity, Quality and Management of Blue, Green and Grey Water
Rs. 35000 + HRA (as admissible)
Postgraduate degree in basic science (Chemistry / Environmental Science) or Postgraduate degree in professional courses (Agriculture with specialization in Agronomy / Soil Science / Soil Science and Agricultural Chemistry / Horticulture / Microbiology / Plant Pathology / Economics / Agroforestry / Forestry) selected through a process described through any one of the following:
- Scholars who are selected through National Eligibility Tests – CSIR-UGC NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) and GATE
- The selection process through National level examinations conducted by Central; Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR, ICMR, IIT, IISc, IISER, etc.
The candidate must have minimum two years research experience.
- Experience in laboratory analysis and statistical analysis
- Knowledge of computer analysis software
The upper age limit for SRF shall be 32 years as on the date of walk-in-interview. Relaxation for candidates belonging to scheduled castes/tribes, women, physically handicapped and OBC as per rules.
Duration and other conditions
The posts are purely temporary and can be terminated any time without assigning any reason / on the basis of performance. The positions are for a maximum period upto January 2024 but are subjected to the availability of funds. Further, the positions are co-terminus with the project and either due to expiry of project or non-availability of funds. (Purely Temporary)
How to Attend?
- The candidates fulfilling the qualification for the above position are invited to appear for a walk-in-interview to be held at the office of Dr. Praveen Kumar, PI and Head, Division of Integrated Farming System, ICAR-CAZRI, Light Industrial Area, Jodhpur.
- The candidate should bring the following documents along with bio-data on plain paper duly signed and pasted with a recent colour passport size photograph on it.
- The candidates should appear with the following (i) Original certificate of educational qualifications and their attested copies (ii) Two testimonials of Character from two responsible gazetted officers (iii) relevant publications (iv) a brief of research work carried during post graduations (v) No objection certificate from the employer in case of employment elsewhere (vi) Experience certificate in original, if any.
- The above position is purely temporary and co-terminus with the project. The service of the selected candidate will stand terminated automatically after the expiry of the project or completion of period mentioned in the offer of appointment. whichever is earlier.
- Further the services of the person engaged under the above position can be terminated anytime by the competent authority without giving any notice. He/she will not have any right to claim for regularization or absorption whatsoever in regular vacancies of the Institute/ICAR. TA/DA will not be admissible for attending the interview.
- Interview for posts will be held on August 17, 2021 at 11:00 AM in the office of Dr. Praveen Kumar, HOD, Div. of IFS, CAZRI, Jodhpur
Click here to view the official notification for the Senior Research Fellow (SRF) at ICAR -Central Arid Zone Research Institute, Jodhpur.
More such opportunities that you might be interested in: