Applications are invited from suitable candidates for one position of Senior Research Fellow in the CSIR funded research project entitled “Evaluation and in vivo validation of tryptanthrin analogues as potent lead molecules for malignant melanoma chemotherapy” in the laboratory of Dr. Ruby John Anto at Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Thiruvananthapuram.
Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology is a research institute in India, exclusive devoted to research in Molecular Biology and Biotechnology. It is located at Thiruvananthapuram, the capital city of the state of Kerala in India.
- The candidate must have First class Master’s Degree in Biological Sciences with good academic records.
- The candidate should have qualified National Eligibility Test – CSIR-UGC NET including Lectureship (Assistant Professorship) or Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) or National Level Examination conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions viz., DBT-Biotechnology Eligibility Test/ Joint Graduate Entrance Examination for Biology & Interdisciplinary Life Sciences (JBEEBILS)/ ICMR Entrance Exam.
- Documented research experience of at least 2 years, other than MSc project work, in the relevant area is required.
As the work includes animal tissue culture and animal tumor models, prior experience with animal cell culture and animal handling are desirable.
Below 35 years as on February 05, 2021. Age relaxation will be given as per Govt. of India norms.
Rs. 35,000/- + 16% HRA per month.
- The selected candidate will initially be appointed provisionally and final appointment will be given on approval and formalization of the selection by CSIR. The salary of the candidate will be disbursed only after getting the final approval of the appointment from CSIR.
- Initially for a period of one year and extendable up to three years or till termination of the project based on performance evaluation on yearly basis.
- Suitably qualified candidates may send applications in the prescribed format with a photograph, a copy of full resume indicating the percentage of Marks obtained and attested photocopies of credentials and experience to reach the undersigned only through Email on or before February 05, 2021.
- Application form along with all supporting documents should be submitted as a single PDF file to email@example.com. The Advertisement number along with the position for which the candidate is applying should be mentioned in the ‘SUBJECT’ part of the Email.
- If a candidate wishes to apply for different positions, separate application forms should be submitted for each position. Selection to the position will not entitle the candidate to any future positions at RGCB (permanent or otherwise). As with all project positions at RGCB, the position will be co-terminus with the end of the project.
- Only those fulfilling the above criteria need to apply. Applicants will be shortlisted for the selection interview based on eligibility criteria. Selection of suitable candidates will be made based on qualifications and performance in the selection interview.
- No TA/DA/Other emoluments will be given for appearing in the interview.
Feb 5, 2021
For more details, click the link below.