Applications are invited from suitable candidates for filling up the purely temporary position of one Senior Research Fellow (SRF) in the SERB project entitled “Genome-wide identification and characterization of fusion event in different plant species”, under the supervision of Dr. Shailesh Kumar, Scientist, NIPGR.
- Candidates selected through National Eligibility Tests as mentioned in the DST Office Memorandum number SR/S9/Z-08/2018 dated January 30, 2019, and having M.Sc./M.Tech degree (with minimum 60 % marks) in Life Sciences/Biotechnology/Biochemistry or equivalent with atleast two years post-Master’s research experience are eligible to apply.
- Candidate having prior research experience of Bioinformatics will be given preference, and may be the criteria of shortlisting.
Emoluments as per DST/DBT norms & as sanctioned in the project.
Nature of the Post
- The above position is completely on temporary basis and co-terminus with the project. The fellowship amount for the above position is as sanctioned in the project and as per DBT/DST norms.
- The initial appointment will be for one year or till the tenability of the project whichever is earlier and the same can be curtailed/extended on the basis of assessment of the candidate’s performance and discretion of the Competent Authority.
- NIPGR reserves the right to select the candidate against the above post depending upon the qualification and experience of the candidate. Reservation of posts shall be as per Govt. of India norms.
- The appointment may be terminated any time by giving one month notice by either side. The applicants will have no claim implicit or explicit for consideration against any regular position of NIPGR.
How to Apply?
- Eligible candidates may apply directly through this link.
- The soft copy of the self- attested copies of the mark-sheets, certificates, (10th standard onwards) and proof of research experience/publications should be attached with the application. Last date of application is on or before the 15 days after release of advertisement at NIPGR website.
- A web-link with date and time of online interview will be e-mailed to the shortlisted candidates only. The candidates must ascertain their eligibility before applying, as ineligible candidates will not be interviewed
Note: ONLY soft copy of the application in the given format will be accepted. No TA/DA will be paid for attending interview. For any clarification candidates may contact Scientist in charge through e-mail only.
Nov 16, 2021
Dr. Shailesh Kumar
National Institute of Plant Genome Research
Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, New Delhi-110 067