Applications are invited for the post of Senior Research Executive: Consumer Culture Lab. Indian Institute of Management Udaipur (IIMU) is looking for bright Graduates / Post-Graduates for the role of “Senior Research Executive: Consumer Culture Lab” purely on contract basis for a period of two years initially and renewable based on the performance and need to the Institute of the position.
Bachelors/Master’s degree in disciplines such as Sociology, Anthropology or Humanities from any of the top-tier colleges in the country or from abroad is preferred. Highly motivated candidates with an undergrad/Masters from other disciplines can also apply if they are comfortable with social science theories.
- Good understanding of Sociology, Anthropology, Humanities (any/many)
- Excellent English writing skills are required
- Some industry experience is a plus but not mandatory
- Some visual skills (photography; video) are a plus
- Proficiency in speaking Hindi and other Indian languages is a plus
- The candidate must have high standards in terms of quality of work, attention to detail, ability to multi-task and absolute commitment to task completion.
- Experience in Qualitative research/Market Research/Advertising/Social Research may be an added advantage.
This is a research position in an academic setting. You will assist with:
- Research projects being undertaken at the Lab.
- Recruitment and data collection in the form of online interviews, observations etc,.
- Data analysis, primarily using qualitative methods. You will be a part of the research teams and will get trained on methods/analysis as per the project requirement.
- Literature search, summary, presentation and writing
- Other research related work
- Social media handles
- Creation of content and writing of short articles on consumer culture issues in India.
- Conversant with computers, MS Office functions and Office Management Practices
- Good command on written and oral communication skills in English, ability to interact with faculty, external agencies effectively, draft letters etc.
- Ability to prioritize work opportunities in the department.
- Ability to work on multiple assignments
- Comfortable working remotely
The last date for submission of online application is 03rd April 2021.
Email: rupali.kapoor[at]iimu.ac.in, cclab[at]iimu.ac.in