Applications are invited for the following temporary posts under the project titled “Center for Pyrometallurgy” in the Dept. of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, IIT Madras.
- B.Tech from I.I.T (or equivalent institute) in Materials/Metallurgical Engineering.
- Masters in Pyro metallurgy field with application in metal extraction area.
- Ph.D. in Pyro metallurgy field with application in metal extraction area. (Preference will be given to candidates with Masters and Ph.D degree from Foreign University in Pyro metallurgy field)
- To train individuals who will be able to provide technical leadership in the Indian steel/metal/mining industry in future.
- Developing research group with necessary equipment to work in the field of pyro metallurgy.
- To conduct high quality research project.
- To form the consortium of industries/companies.
- Supervision of Masters, Ph.D. students.
- Organization of Workshop / Seminars.
- Post-doctoral experience in Pyro metallurgy from Foreign University (more than 1.5 years).
- Teaching/Workshop training Experience (more than 3 years). Industrial Experience (of steel and foundry industries) would be preferable.
- Design and Operation of Experimental setup of vertical tube TGA furnaces.
- Design of Rotating cylinder Induction furnace.
- Working Experience with Hydrogen Gas.
- Experience in designing furnace and working on high temperature experiments.
- Candidates with steel plant/mining/metal/chemical industry experience will be preferred
- Good mathematical/logical skill is required.
Interested candidates can apply online via this page.
The last date for submission of online application is 12.04.2021.
E-mail: recruitment[at]imail.iitm.ac.in, icsrrecruitment[at]iitm.ac.in
Call: 044- 22579796