Applications are invited for the post of “Senior Project Executive Engineer” in the Project numbered 2016466 in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at IIT Kanpur.
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (also known as IIT Kanpur or IITK) is a public technical and research university located in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh. It was declared to be an Institute of National Importance by the Government of India under the Institutes of Technology Act.
Established in 1960 as one of the first Indian Institutes of Technology, the institute was created with the assistance of a consortium of nine US research universities as part of the Kanpur Indo-American Programme (KIAP).
Senior Project Executive Engineer (02)
Major task of the successful candidates for position 1:
- Developing Industry scale SCADA/ICS Cyber Security Testbeds and developing OT architecture and implementation
- Development and implementation of PLC programs, SCADA screens, and overall OT systems
- Procurement and implementation of industrial level test-beds for Industrial Control Systems
- Development of Cyber Threat Analysis frameworks, mitigation techniques, and architecture
- Lead a team of Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration Testing Researchers to do VAPT on ICS systems and development of proof of concepts for submission to National Vulnerability Databases
Major task of the successful candidates for position 2:
- Development of Research program in malware analysis, vulnerability assessment, intrusion detection, network security, Honeypots, security incident and event management systems
- Publication of top-quality research papers in the field of cybersecurity in top international forums and journals
- Publication of Books and Book Chapters in Cyber Security Field
- Leading team of researchers in developing cybersecurity tools and technology development
- Leading efforts on industrial projects in the Cyber Security field both with Government agencies and private industry
- Delivering lectures on cybersecurity for various industrial executive programs
- Working with industry to bring projects to IIT Kanpur in the field of cybersecurity.
You might also be interested in Project Positions at IISER Pune [5 Vacancies]: Apply by Dec 8.
Bachelors/ Masters degree in relevant fields from IITs/ IISc OR demonstration of outstanding talent either in the form of publications in top tier conferences/ journals, history of delivery of project outcomes as a student or as employees in previous jobs.
Qualifications for Post 1
- At least 4 years of industrial experience in building SCADA/PLC based ICS implementation at customer sites.
- At least 2 years of experience in the development of Cyber Security Testbed for Industrial Control Systems with experience in building water treatment plant, power distribution automation, industrial control automation testbed.
- In-depth knowledge of PLC Programming, SCADA screen development, knowledge of multiple PLC, and SCADA.
- In-depth knowledge in Cyber Threats and mitigation techniques including industrial protocols such as Modbus, DNP3, OPC.
- Hands-on experience in developing educational kits for industrial control automation security.
- Extensive experience in procurement in the SCADA/ PLC/ ICS/ OT systems.
Qualifications for Post 2
- At least 7 years of experience in the academic field in teaching/ research.
- In-depth research experience in malware analysis, anomaly detection based detection of malicious activities in systems, machine learning-based methods in cybersecurity.
- Proven expertise demonstrated by publications in international conferences in the Cyber Security field.
- Proven experience in leading teams of researchers in developing cybersecurity tools such as malware analysis tools, security incident, and event management tools, honeypots, etc.
- Proven experience in industrial-strength tool development in cybersecurity.
- Very good command over English writing and speaking demonstrated by research papers authorship.
- Experience in developing cybersecurity course material and delivery.
You might also be interested in Project Engineers at IIT Kanpur [4 Vacancies]: Apply by Nov 30.
The appointment will be made initially for one year and can be extended up to five years or till the end of the project whichever is earlier, subject to satisfactory performance. Performance reviews will be held weekly. The appointment can be terminated at any time if found unsatisfactory.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is December 5, 2020.
At the time of the interview, you must bring copies of the degree certificate and grade sheets for all degrees, School final, and Higher Secondary exams.
For full notification, click the link below.