Applications are invited for Senior Project Engineer (Chemical Engineering) Under SERB Funded Project at IIT Kanpur for the year 2021. The last date application is 15 October
Applications are invited for one temporary/contractual post of Senior Project Engineer in the SERB project “Computational Investigation of Mycobacterium Tuberculosis Fatty Acid Synthase-I” at IIT Kanpur.
- Ph.D. (or M.Tech + 3 years of relevant experience) in Chemical Engineering/Computational Physics/Physical Chemistry / Biology or related areas and
- Research experience with molecular dynamics simulation of biological systems
- Experience with enhance sampling methods (umbrella sampling, metadynamics, etc.) for molecular simulation
- Experience using GROMACS, NAMD, PLUMED, LAMMPS for molecular simulation.
Interested candidates should send their application only via email with a detailed curriculum vitae, a cover letter with details of relevant experience and copies of relevant certificates to: Dr. H. H. Katkar, Department of Chemical Engineering, IIT Kanpur E-mail: hkatkar[at]iitk.ac.in
The candidate’s tasks and responsibilities will include
- Developing multiscale models and performing biomolecular simulation
- Developing necessary computational code
- Collaborating with group members and contributing in research related activities of the group
- Preparing scientific documents and presentations
- Initially for 1 year or till end of project, whichever is earlier
- May be extended with mutual consent depending on performance of the candidate and duration of the project
Rs. 32400-2700-81000 (based on past experience and achievements).
Last date for receipt of application: 15th October 2021.
Click here to view the official notification of Senior Project Engineer (Chemical Engineering) Under SERB Funded Project at IIT Kanpur.
You may also be interested in: