Applications are invited for a post of Senior Project Associate (on contract basis) for a major project on “History of Mathematics in India” (HoMI), undertaken by IIT Gandhinagar for a period of three years. The project will document, research, and propagate India’s contributions to mathematics from ancient to recent times.
- The Senior Project Associate will be a part of a small dedicated team of staff and renowned scholars in the field of history of mathematics.
- He/ she will be required to help collect and organize information sources relevant to the project so as to develop and manage a special collection of resources in both print & digital, published & unpublished, which will become a digital repository catering to the needs of scholars, researchers, and advanced students.
- This would require knowledge of relevant and quality resources, search tools, and expertise in searching, selecting evaluating, and creating entries for each resource with annotations.
- Candidate must have First Class Masters in Library & Information Science (M.L.IS.c) or equivalent degree from a recognized university with a consistently good academic record.
- Should have a valid score of UGC NET/JRF.
- Two to three years of demonstrated knowledge and experience in developing and managing special collections, creating digital repository and management of an entire range of Life Cycle of Digital Library Materials.
- Candidates having expertise in using hardware infrastructure, including scanners & OCRS, and open-source software tools (e.g DSpace, Greenstone) in creating and managing digital content will be preferred.
- Expertise in writing annotations and abstracts will be an added advantage.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates should send their application along with their latest résumé through email to Prof. Michel Danino, Visiting Professor and Project Investigator, HoMI Project, IIT Gandhinagar, email@example.com.
A brief write-up (one para each) on your relevant experience and your motivation to apply for this position must be sent with your résumé in a single file. Candidates are also requested to give at least two references with their contact details. The last date to apply is May 31, 2020.
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in JOB POST: JRF (Under DST Project) at IIT Gandhinagar [Monthly Salary Rs. 31k]: Apply by May 16.