Applications are invited from meritorious and ambitious candidates for the Senior and Intermediate Fellowships 2020 being offered by The Department of Biotechnology (DBT)/ Wellcome Trust India Alliance.
The Department of Biotechnology (DBT)/ Wellcome Trust India Alliance invites applications for its Senior and Intermediate Fellowships under the track of Basic Biomedical Research. These Fellowships are available across the full spectrum of biomedical research under the remit of India Alliance, which is to support biomedical research that is relevant to human and animal health. Interdisciplinary projects are also welcome.
- Senior Fellowship: For researchers who have demonstrated their ability to lead an independent research program and want to expand it further to undertake pioneering research.
- Intermediate Fellowship: For postdoctoral researchers who have been successful in building a track record of pursuing cutting-edge research and wish to establish their own independent research program in India.
The 5-year Fellowship provides:
- Competitive personal salary support
- Generous and flexible funds for research
- Funds to develop international collaborations
- This competition is open for basic science/ veterinary researchers with 4–15 years of post-Ph.D. research experience; applicants can have a Ph.D. in any discipline of science.
- Applicants are advised to choose the most appropriate scheme based on their qualifications, research experience, track record, and aspirations. They may refer to the guidance notes, provisions, and mandates of the schemes. The Office reserves the right to advise on the suitability of the scheme.
- There are no age or nationality restrictions. The applicant need not be resident in India while applying but should be willing to relocate to and work in India.
- A salaried position or commitment towards a salaried position at the Host Institution is not required.
How to Apply?
Candidates need to submit the following along with the application:
- A research proposal that is based on a hypothesis and seeks to answer an original biomedical research question
- At least one letter of recommendation
- A not-for-profit Host Institution in India that will administer the Fellowship for the complete duration of the award
- A Sponsor at the Host Institution, who can guarantee space and resources for the duration of the award. If invited to make a full application, an official support letter from the Sponsor would be mandatory.
To apply online for the fellowships, click here.
The last date to apply is July 30, 2020.
Email ID: email@example.com
For official notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Post-Doctoral Fellows at IIT Guwahati [3 Vacancies]: Online Interview on July 3.