Applications are invited for Senior Fellowships 2021-22 at ICSSR, New Delhi. The last date of application is 26 August 2021.
Senior Fellowships are awarded to outstanding Indian Social Scientists for conducting full time research on themes and issues of national and social concern. These studies are expected to contribute to theoretical and conceptual advancement in different disciplines, help in generating field work based empirical data and contribute towards policy making.
The broad disciplines of study, within the domain of social sciences are:
- Social Work
- Social Anthropology
- Cultural Studies
- Socio-Sanskrit Studies
- Socio-Philosophical Studies
- Social Linguistics
- Gender Studies
- Health Studies
- Political Science
- International Studies
- Public Administration
- Diaspora Studies
- National Security and Strategic Studies
- Social Psychology
- Legal Studies
- Social Geography
- Environmental Studies
- Modern Social History
- Media Studies
- Library Science
- The scholar should not be less than 45 and more than 70 years of age as on the last date of application.
- The scholar must possess Ph.D. degree in any of the social science disciplines with outstanding research publications at the time of application.
- Senior government and defence officers (not less than 25 years of regular service) and persons with proven Social Science expertise possessing a Ph.D. degree in any social science discipline and demonstrable research experience through publications of books/research papers/reports, can also apply.
- A fellow must affiliate himself/herself to an ICSSR Research Institute/ Institutes of national importance, approved by MoE/government research institute/public funded university including deemed university of his/her choice. Funds are disbursed through the affiliating/administering institution.
- Faculties with regular service in public funded universities/colleges and research institutes getting UGC pay-scales may be considered for pay protection in exceptionally meritorious cases, which is to be decided by the Expert Committees of the ICSSR. The Expert Committee of the ICSSR also reserves the right to convert a fellowship proposal into a Project Proposal.
Interested candidates can apply online via this page.
Duration & Value
- Senior Fellowship is a full time research work.
- The duration of the fellowship is strictly for two years.
- The value of the fellowship for unemployed and superannuated scholars is Rs. 45,000 per month. and contingency grant is Rs. 40,000/- per annum irrespective of the pensionary benefit.
- Under Salary protection, a fellow is entitled to salary and allowances admissible as per rules and contingency grant of Rs.40,000/-p.a. However, special allowances like children education allowance, medical reimbursement, LTC, etc. are not admissible from the ICSSR. The parent institution may, however, pay/reimburse the same as per its rule.
- The ICSSR shall also pay the leave salary and pension contribution or contribution towards CPF and gratuity for the period for which he/she holds the ICSSR’s fellowship as per rules of the parent institution.
The last date for online submission of application is 26 August 2021, 5:00 PM.
You may also be interested in: