iCALL Psychosocial Helpline, a field action project of Tata Institute of Social Sciences which provides telephone email and chat based counselling services for emotional distress.
The helpline currently runs six days a week, from Monday to Saturday, from 8 AM to 10 PM. Apart from service provision iCALL engages in consultancy, research and capacity building. Going ahead, iCALL is looking to expand its team to meet its growing requirements, following are the details of the vacancy:
The candidate shall report directly to the Programme Coordinator and the Programme Officers at iCALL, and shall be responsible for the following:
- Answering calls, chats and emails, maintaining records, monthly reports of the calls, emails and chats attended on t e helpline
- Monitoring and guiding the other counsellor’s work at iCALL.
- Design training modules and workshops for academic, government and corporate institutions
- Deliver talks, conduct training, and workshops on topics related to counselling, mental health and psychosocial well-being
- Write newsletters, fliers, blogs and articles on to help sensitize lay people regarding mental health
- Develop case-studies, research papers and other works of academic writing on iCALL’s work
Selected candidates will have to undergo rigorous training before they start attending to actual calls. Counselling will be a supervised activity whereby an opportunity to learn and upgrade themselves on one hand and to take care of their own mental health issues on the other, will provided on an ongoing basis.
- Possess a Master’s Degree in Counselling or Clinical Psychology
- Have relevant experience of minimum 2-3 years for the post of Senior Counsellor.
- Speak English and Hindi and at least one regional language fluently and possess good writing skills in English
- Be skilled in the use of computers for the purpose of documentation, data analysis and email-based counselling
- Be willing to commit for a duration at least a year
- Have sound knowledge of therapeutic process skills and psychotherapy
- Be willing to work in shifts on a weekly rotational basis
- Be willing to travel within Mumbai and to different parts of the country to conduct outreach, training, and workshops.
Desirous candidates may send their résumé to icallhelpline[at]gmail.com before 4th April 2021 with the subject line ‘Application for the post of Senior Counsellor’. Late applications shall not be entertained.
Salary shall be INR 30,000 per month.