ICRISAT invites applications for the post of Senior Administrative Officer in Agribusiness and Innovation Platform (AIP) under the Research Program–Innovation Systems for Drylands. This position is based at ICRISAT- Patancheru, Telangana.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium.
- Provide administrative and secretarial support to Agribusiness and Innovation Platform (AIP) & its programs – Innovation & Partnership (INP), NutriPlus Knowledge (NPK), Agri-Business Incubator (ABI) and Intellectual Property Facilitation Cell (IPFC)
- Assist in handling the AIP & its programs budgets
- Coordinate and organize internal and external meetings (Visitors, programs, seminars, and workshops) and take follow-up actions
- Coordinate activities related to the preparation of purchases, facility maintenance, coordinate with institutes support departments like HR, finance, transport, housing, security, etc.
- Support in preparing letters, powerpoint presentations, and reports
- Make travel arrangements and prepare travel expense reports
- Handle correspondence for the in-house & external clients along with donor agencies
- Inter-departmental liaising for smooth operations with various departments in ICRISAT
- Perform additional duties as and when required by the supervisors
- Graduate with a minimum of ten years/Post Graduate with eight or more years of relevant experience and expertise in the preparation of budgets / MIS reports.
- Ability to deal tactfully under pressure situations, deliver under tight schedules, and maintain a high degree of confidentiality as per project requirements.
- Good computer skills especially in Ms. Office.
- Good writing & communication skills (English – written and spoken) and networking skills
- Experience working in a multicultural team will be preferred
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with a good personality
- Should be a good team player and adaptable to working in a multicultural team
This is a Locally Recruited Staff position for three years’ renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the institute’s continuing need for the position.
How to Apply
Applicants should apply on or before 2-December-2019, with their latest Resume, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about their professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please click here to submit your application.