International Institute for Population Sciences (IIPS), Mumbai is organizing an ‘International Seminar on Twenty-five years of National Family Health Surveys (NFHS) in India: Lessons learnt and way forward’ during October 18-19.
About the Seminar:
The first report of the National Family Health Survey (NFHS-1) in India was published in 1994 and thus marking a silver jubilee of this important landmark in the development of demographic and health data in the country.
Considering the novel objectives various rounds of NFHS considered to achieve, it is important to have a critical look at its major achievements, areas of improvements and way forward.
This seminar intends to discuss various aspects of survey research, methodology and future perspectives.
- Critical appraisal of data quality in NFHS surveys.
- Innovations in survey implementation.
- New ways of analysis of NFHS data.
- Policy relevance of NFHS surveys.
- IIPS invites you to submit extended abstracts (two-three A-4 size pages) of original research papers or full papers by June 15, 2019.
- Please submit your extended abstract/full paper to nfhs_seminar2019[at]iips.net.
- Last Date of Receiving Abstracts/Full Paper: June 15, 2019.
- Communication on Acceptance: June 30, 2019.
- Submission of Full Paper: September 30, 2019.
- Date of Seminar: October 18-19, 2019.
The organizers will take care of travel, accommodation and other local hospitality for presenting authors of the selected papers.