About the Organiser
Sambalpur University is located in Burla town, of district Sambalpur, India, in the Indian state of Odisha. Popularly known as Jyoti Vihar. It offers courses at the undergraduate and post-graduate levels. Governor of Odisha is the Chancellor of the university. The campus is located 15 km away from Sambalpur.
About the Seminar
The National Seminar on Social Sustainability: Culture, Gender and Migration is organised by the Department of Anthropology and Department of Social Work, Sambalpur University, Odisha from March 13-14, 2020.
For deliberating better future for the coming generation, social sustainability encourages programs, initiatives and actions towards better utilization of resources in the area of human, social, economic and environment. Overexploitation of the resources created negative consequences in society in the past few decades that initiate a triggering effect of degradation.
The proactive approach of social sustainability helps in achieving sustainable development along the line of SGD-2030 by UNDP, which helps in the survival of society. The present seminar aimed at creating collective understanding among the working professionals focusing on the components of culture, gender and migration and promotes intervention-based solution toward social sustainability.
Papers are invited under the following sub-themes but not limited to it
- Culture and Tribal Livelihood
- Indigenous Knowledge System
- Issues related to Gender (domestic violence, women empowerment, masculinity etc.)
- Facts of Migration (displacement, trafficking, forced migration etc.)
- Community Development
- Process and Participation of Civil Society and NGOs
Abstracts are invited from Researchers Scholars/ students, College and University teachers and NGOs professionals in soft copies (in MS word) not exceeding 300 words in Times New Roman, 12 font size and 1.5 line spacing on the seminar theme/ sub-theme from the prospective participants should reach the Seminar Coordinator through online social.sustainability.seminarsu[at]gmail.com.
- Delegates & Faculty members: Rs. 1200/- (on the spot), Rs. 1000/- (before 29th February 2020)
- Students & Scholars: Rs. 700/-, Rs. 500/- (before 29th February 2020)
- Abstract submission: 18th February 2020
- Confirmation of Acceptance: 20th February 2020
Prof. Arun Kumar Acharya (+916370172826)
Dr. Suresh Chandra Murmu (+919937964151)