The Institution of Engineers (India) is organizing an All India Seminar on Scope and Opportunity of Small Hydro & Wind Power in NER of India at NIT Mizoram during Aug 2-3, 2019.
About the Seminar:
In order to further boost the development of small hydro/wind power projects in the NER –India, there is a need to share the views in the field through organizing a national seminar covering the advances made in planning, technology selection, and implementation of small hydropower projects.
The seminar will promote research & developments and challenges faced in the areas of wind, hydro, solar and other renewable energy resources. The ultimate goal is to highlight the current research problems and evolve at suitable solutions.
- To provide a forum for the exchange of experiences on policies, regulation, technological
innovation, best policies and scope of hydropower development as a clean green and
a sustainable source of development.
- Identify the areas for the research and development of small hydro/wind with special reference to NER-India.
- To identify the key strength of various regions/states to develop small hydro/wind in NER.
- Bring together the national scientific experts to catalyze and advance scientific knowledge about Geriatrics and Gerontological Nursing present the most recent research findings, and promote and enhance scientific collaborations around the world.
Research articles and case studies are welcomed on any one of the below-mentioned tracks but not limited to:
- Wind Power Technology and Instrumentation.
- Challenges in Wind and Renewable Energy.
- Wind Farms Construction.
- Next Generation Wind Power.
- Hydro Power Technology.
- Nano Technology for Wind Power.
- Wind Conditions.
- Global Trends in Wind Energy Commercialization & Investment.
- Wind Turbine Technology.
- Offshore Deployment and Operation.
- Wind Energy Integration.
- Hydrology, Flood and Sediment Management.
- Recent Trends in Hydro Generating Equipment.
- Micro Hydro and Ultra Low Head.
- Challenges in Hydropower Development.
- Environmental and Socio Issues and Relevance in Hydropower Development.
- Impact of Natural Disaster on Hydropower Development.
Call for Papers:
Faculty, research scholars and scientists from academic institutions, universities, R&D organizations and consultants and practicing engineers from industries / professional bodies are invited to participate and present technical papers with original ideas on the above-mentioned topics.
Early Bird Registration
- Participants from Abroad: US $100.
- Industry/ Research Organizations: Rs. 4,000.
- Faculty Members: Rs. 3000.
- Students (Pursuing PhD / Master/ Bachelor Courses): Rs. 2000.
- Participants from Abroad: US $150.
- Industry/ Research Organizations: Rs. 5,000.
- Faculty Members: Rs. 3500.
- Students (Pursuing PhD / Master/ Bachelor Courses): Rs. 2500.
- Er. K Lalsawmvela, FIE
The Honorary Secretary,
The Institution of Engineers (India), Mizoram State Centre
- Dr. Basil Kuriachen, MIE
Secretary & Assistant Professor Organizing,
Mechanical Engineering Department,
National Institute of Technology Mizoram
Chaltlang, Aizawl, Mizoram-796012