Condensed Matter Physics Research Centre, Jadavpur University is organizing the National Seminar on Physics at Surfaces and Interfaces of Soft Materials (PSISM– 2019) during September 26-27.
About the Seminar:
The study and application of surface and interface science have made tremendous progress in the last few decades. The subject is interdisciplinary, covering physics, chemistry, biology, and engineering.
Intricate semiconductor device fabrication is one aspect, while the use of bio-mimetics to create amazing nature-inspired surfaces is another. Study of catalysis, adhesion, friction, and colloids all come within the purview of this subject.
The organizers aim to bring together leading Indian scientists and researchers in this field close to young students and scholars, to generate interaction and discussion, and develop a strong and vibrant scientific community.
Call for Abstracts:
Short oral presentations/Posters are invited related to the topic of the seminar. Please send 1-page abstract by 15th June to either of the two conveners:
- Prof. B.D. Chattopadhyay bdc_physics[at]yahoo.co.in
- Dr. S. Karmakar sanat.karmakar[at]jadavpuruniversity.in
On acceptance of abstract
- Early Registration (by 15th July): Rs. 2000.
- Late Registration (14th August): Rs. 2500.
- Early Registration (by 15th July): Rs. 800.
- Late Registration (14th August): Rs. 1000.
- Abstract Submission: June 15.
- Acceptance(oral/poster) notification: July 5, 2019.