About the Organiser
Amrita College of Engineering & Technology (ACET), formerly Sun College of Engineering, is an engineering college located in Nagercoil in Kanyakumari district, Tamil Nadu, India. It was established by the ACP education trust, Nagercoil in 1999. It was acquired by Amrita Institutions and renamed.
About the Seminar
CSIR Sponsored One day National Seminar on “Wide Area Monitoring, Protection and Control in Future Smart Grid (WAMS2020)” Organized by the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, ACET, Tamil Nadu on Jan 11, 2020.
Objective and Scope
The primary objective of this CSIR sponsored seminar is to discuss specific problems and challenges of Wide area Monitoring, Protection and Control in Future Smart Grid.
Since future power networks will become more and more complex and more difficult to predict during both steady-state and transient conditions, WAMPAC systems will become an indispensable addition to every control room. Therefore, overview of the WAMPAC and PMU applications will provide opportunity to the participants to identify possible problems for research.
Panel Discussion is scheduled to discuss and identify specific research and development challenges as well as deployment issues which could be converted into a problem statement for PG students engaged in Project/Research work in the area of Wide area Monitoring, Protection and Control in Future Smart Grid.
Who can Attend?
The seminar is designed for:
- Electrical Engineers, Protection Engineers & Operation Engineers from Public Energy/Power Boards /Corporations in the Energy/Power sector including Equipment Manufacturers and Consultants, R&D organizations, etc.
- Faculty Members and Research Scholars from University Colleges, Departments, Engineering Colleges and industries who are working in the broad area of Smart grid and WAMS.
- PG students and PhD Scholars in Electrical and Electronics Engineering with specialization in Power Systems
How to Register?
Interested applicants can register for the seminar by filling the application form and sending it to s_anithakumari[at]amrita.edu.in.
- For UG and PG students: Rs 200/-
- For Faculty and Research Scholars: Rs 300/-
Participants will be provided with Registration Kit, Certificate, Snacks and Working Lunch. Also, free accommodation will be provided based on the request.
- Submission of Application: 07.01.2020
- Intimation of Selection: 09.01.2020
- Registration: 10.01.2020
Organising Secretary: Dr S. Anitha Kumari
Mobile: +91 7823979952,
E-mail: s_anithakumari[at]amrita.edu.in, hodeee_acet[at]amrita.edu.in