About the Seminar
Health psychology focuses on how biology psychology, behaviour, and social factors influence health and well-being. It is the application of psychological knowledge and methods to the study, prevention, and management of physical diseases and disorders. Health psychology is both a theoretical and applied field intended to promote human welfare.
An important development in all developed countries has been the drive to develop evidence-based health care. The mainstream of health psychology is in need of serious reform. Expansion of the need for medical care has resulted in financial pressures and the inevitable selectivity in the provision of care. In health psychology, models are built to describe, explain, and predict how people become motivated to change their risk behaviours, and how they become encouraged to adopt and maintain health actions.
About YV University
Yogi Vemana University, a premier State University established by an Act of the Govt. of Andhra Pradesh in March, 2006, believes in “Creation and Dissemination of Knowledge, attainment of enlightened wisdom through advancement of learning and progress and prosperity of people and social enrichment”.
The University is named after a great thinker, philosopher, and social reformer Yogi Vemana, the most celebrated Telugu poet and sage of all time. Prior to this, it was S.V.U. P.G. Center for more than two and a half decades with only four P.G. teaching departments.
- Bio psycho-social approaches to health promotion
- Health care needs across the life span
- Well-being and Health promotion
- Role of Technology on Mental Health issues.
- Indigenous health practices and mental health.
- Community integration in heath care.
- P.G. Students/ Rs. 500 /- Rs.600/-
- Research Scholars: Rs.600/- Rs.750
- Faculty/ N.G.Os/ Psychologists: Rs.750/- Rs.1000/-
- Registration includes Workshop kit, Accommodation (Limited accommodation is available), and Working lunch (Breakfast and Dinner will be arranged on Payment basis).
Confirm your participation on or before 31st January 2020
Mobile Nos.: 08309276615/ 9441116421