UPDATE: This event has been postponed due to unavoidable circumstances.
About the University:
Parul Institute of Law, Parul University, Vadodara is duly approved by the Bar Council of India and is a member of International Association of Law Schools, New York.
College of Agriculture was established under Parul University. The Institute is located at the heart of a multi-institutional complex in the city of Vadodara, is dedicated to imparting quality education in the field of Agriculture and Technology.
About the Seminar:
Food quality is essential nourishment producing necessity since nourishment purchasers are defenceless to any type of contamination that may happen during the manufacturing procedure.
Presently, the world has more than enough food to feed everyone, yet 850 million are facing food insecurity. While the traditional focus remained on starvation, there has been a gradual shift to the aspect of nutrition.
Even in countries like India, after a considerably long period of developmental efforts like the Green revolution, poverty estimates on the crude criterion of calorie intakes are still disquieting.
India remains one of the highest-ranking countries in the world in terms of the number of children suffering from malnutrition.
The parallel issue is of environmental degradation by excessive reliance on chemical-based agricultural practices. This has had an impact on the productivity of land and on human health – producers and consumers.
It is in this background, there is a need to come with effective policies and programmes that have the potential to shape food systems, feed the hungry, contribute to improved nutrition and sustainability.
This national seminar aims to have a discussion on the aforementioned issues, regarding the problems of food and nutritional security and sustainable solutions.
It would also address the socio-economic and legal aspects of the problems related to the issues directly and indirectly.
This seminar will provide a platform for research scholars, teachers, academicians, professionals of various disciplines that have bearings with the subjects briefly stated above.
Any student, research scholars, academicians, professionals, activists and civil society groups.
- Nutritional quality enhancement through breeding and biotechnological approaches, and related laws.
- Soil fertility management for improving crop production and quality, and related laws.
- Food as a medicine for health and wellness, and related laws.
- Production, Processing and Preservation of agricultural products, and related laws.
- Pest and Disease management for improvement of food quality and production, and related laws.
- Contextualising the Right to Adequate Food and nutritional standards: National and International perspectives.
- Food Security Act 2013: Issues, Challenges and Way forward.
and any other theme relevant to the Seminar.
The above-mentioned themes are only indicative and any paper relevant to the main theme of the seminar may be submitted.
Registration for the Seminar can be done by emailing the details on seminar.coa[at]paruluniversity.ac.in
- Academicians/ Professionals :Rs. 1000/-
- Students/ Research Scholars : Rs. 500/-
- 20th March 2019 – Submission of abstracts and Registration
- 23rd March 2019 – Full paper submission
Email Id: seminar.coa[at]paruluniversity.ac.in
Dr. Saleha Diwan: Mob: 9714042472
Mr. Jimmy Jose: +91 7802914805 / +91 8447104525