The Army Institute of Law, Mohali is organising a one-day national seminar on Media and Changing Society: Dillemmas & Challenges on Sep 29, 2018.
About the Seminar
Media in contemporary times has emerged as most valuable tool for moulding the opinion of society on the myriads of issues related to humans. Media as a medium of communication plays an imperative role in overall growth of the society by providing information and disseminating knowledge, creating awareness on various issues that are vital for the society.
Democracy as we all know has three pillars- but lately media has emerged as the fourth pillar of democracy. Press can be defined as the news media, print media and electronic media collectively. Apart from conventional media social media has also assumed significant place in the society.
Date of the Seminar
29th September 2018
Theme and Sub-Themes
National Seminar on Media and Changing Society: Dillemmas & Challenges
- Social Media impacting Human Psychology
- Constitution and Media
- Politicisation of Media
- Paid / Fake news
- Media and Information technology Law
- Media and Women
- Social Media and Children
- Media and Environment issues
- Human Right issues and Media
- Portrayal of International Relation by Media
Call for Papers
Papers are invited from the academicians, practitioners, research scholars and students on the issues related to the above said themes.
Submission Guidelines for Abstract and Full Paper
- An abstract of 250–300 words accompanied by details of the author containing his/her email ID, contact number and postal address should be sent.
- The Paper should between 3000-5000 words.
- Mention of the sub-theme is mandatory. Only one co-author shall be allowed.
- It must be typed in Times New Roman Font Size 12 on A4 size paper with 1.5” margin on all sides with 1.5 line spacing using MS Word. 19th Blue Book citation pattern must be strictly adhered to while submitting the abstracts and full paper.
All the abstracts and full length papers shall be sent to the email: email@example.com
Registration Fee from Delegates
- Students and Research Scholars: Rs. 1,000/-
- Academicians / Practitioners: Rs. 1,500/-
Note: In case of co-authored papers, each author will have to pay the registration fee amount individually/independently.
Registration fees must be sent via demand draft in the name of Army Institute of Law payable at SAS Nagar Mohali/Chandigarh.
- Last date of submission of abstract: 25th August
- Date of intimation of acceptance of abstract on or before: 31st August
- Last Date for submission of full paper along with registration form and fee: 10th Sept.
- Chief Convener: Dr. Tejinder Kaur, Offg Principal
- Seminar Convenor: Dr. Kulpreet Kaur, Asst. Professor
Mob: 9815008545, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Convenors
- Mr. Adhiraj Bhandari, Mob: 7888921824
- Ms. Harshita Chaarag, Mob: 7380066000
For brochure and registration form, click here.
About the Author
Loved my student life, love talking to students now. I am a wearer of multiple hats (wife, mom, cook, chauffeur). My job is my hobby! :)