CfP: Seminar on Holistic Education at Visva-Bharati, Santiniketan [Feb 17-18, 2020]: Submit by Jan 12
About the Organiser
Visva-Bharati University is a public central university located in Santiniketan, West Bengal, India. It was founded by Rabindranath Tagore who called it Visva-Bharati, which means the communion of the world with India. Until independence, it was a college.
About the Seminar
Three constituent Departments of the Vinaya Bhavana (Institute of Education), Visva-Bharati, namely the Department of Education, Department of Physical Education & Sport Science and the Department of Yogic Art & Science are jointly organizing the National Seminar on “Holistic Education: Harmonizing the Body, Mind and Spirit” by virtue of the institute’s own role and responsibilities as well as its understanding of the timeliness and seminal importance of the theme.
The prime objective of the Seminar is to provide the scholars, teachers and students from across the country a platform to deliberate, dialogue, interact and share the varied experiences and understanding of the theme , dive deep into the issues involved for better insight and imminent outcomes.
- Tagore’s Vision, Values and Scheme of Holistic Education
- Thoughts of Mahatma Gandhi, Sri Aurobindo, J Krishnamurti, Maria Montessory etc. on Holistic Education
- Holistic Education and Inter/ Multi-disciplinary approach
- Transformative Education
- Experiential Learning & Alternative learning Environment
- Education, Physical Education & Yoga Education for Human Wellbeing
- Physiological Foundation of Wellness and Human Performance
- Psycho-social Perspective of Wellness and Human Performance
- Biomechanical Foundation of Wellness and Human Performance
- Yoga and Wellness
- Therapeutic Aspects of Yoga
- Psycho-physiological aspects of Yoga
- Spiritual Aspect of Yoga
- Schools of Thoughts in Yoga
Abstracts and Full papers may be submitted by the stipulated date via e-mail to ns2020vb[at]gmail.com.
- Research Scholars: Rs.1000/-
- Teachers of the University Departments / Institutes & Colleges: Rs. 1500/-
- Any Other: Rs.2000/-
- Last date for Submission of Abstract ( Maximum 200 Words): 12th January, 2020
- Communication regarding Acceptance of the Abstract: 15th January, 2020
- Last date for Submission Full Paper ( Maximum 3000 Words& References-APA style) with soft copy of the PPT ( for presentation): 20th January, 2020
- Request for Accommodation: 15th January, 2020
E-mail ID: principal.vb[at]visva-bharati.ac.in
Contact nos.: 7001566961, 6294490923, 9475242056, 9476102410
For more details, click here.
About the Author