Still burdened with high disease prevalence, the rapid epidemiological transition in disease pattern has further complicated the entire scenario for India. Given the rising emphasis on UHC on global scale in recent times, it is highly appropriate to address the issues and challenges barricading the process of turning the concept of “Healthcare for All” into reality.
The ‘National Seminar on Achieving Universal Health Coverage in India- Governance, Finance and Cost Perspectives’ is scheduled for August 30-31.
- To provide a platform for policymakers, practitioners, researchers and academicians to share and discuss their findings on the status and issues of UHC
- To come out with policy recommendations contributing towards UHC in terms of good governance, efficient financing pattern and cost-effective models
- Health Care Governance: The current healthcare system and its governance; access, coverage, utilization and quality of healthcare services; healthcare system and human resource issues; performance assessment of public schemes
- Health Care Cost: Health care costs and its impact; issues of affordability and financial security
- Health Care Financing: Health budget; role of different healthcare financing mechanisms in achieving UHC; Ayushman Bharat and other financing initiatives
Accommodation can be availed on payment basis, subject to availability in the Tezpur University Guest House.
(This includes seminar kit, tea, lunch, and certificate.)
To register, click here. The last date for registration is Aug 10.