CfP: Seminar on Gender Sensitisation in India’s North East at NEDFi Convention Centre, Guwahati [March 5-6]: Submit by Jan 31
About the Organiser
Krishna Kanta Handiqui State Open University is a state university in Guwahati, Assam, India. It was established by the Assam Legislative Assembly by Act XXXVII of 2005 in 2005. The Act received the assent from the Governor on the same year.
About the Seminar
The Two-day National Seminar on Gender Sensitisation in India’s North East: Issues and Challenges is organised by NEDFi Convention Centre, Guwahati on March 5-6, 2020.
The main objectives of the seminar are:
- To provide a platform to discuss issues and need for gender sensitization.
- To focus on challenges towards gender sensitization in the North East of India and to emphasise on the positive reforms to be initiated to enhance gender sensitization.
- Identify the issues and challenges related to gender inequality in North East India
- Gender inequality in socio-cultural practices
- Genesis of crime against women and its impact on them
- Prevention of sexual harassment at workplace
- Critical analysis of laws/acts/legalisations pertaining to women empowerment
- A critical analysis on gender equality in Education
- Gender equality in women’s participation in the labour force
- Gender equality in political participation and leadership
- Gender sensitization in health, sanitation and nutrition related issues of women
- Problems of women belonging to marginalised section of society
- Role of Media, NGOs, Literature and Education in gender sensitization
- Any other related themes
- Papers are invited from academicians, research scholars, PG students and others like NGO activists, journalists, administrators, members of the Judiciary and Civil Society who are actively involved and working on gender sensitisation in the country in general, and North East India in particular on the above-mentioned sub-themes or any topics relevant to the title of the Seminar.
- Participants are required to send abstract, not exceeding 350 words in Times New Roman and 12 Font Size with 1.5 spacing to- nsbkrikkhsou[at]gmail.com. The abstract should include the title of the paper, keywords, author’s name and affiliation, contact number, and e-mail address.
- For Academicians & others: Rs. 1000/-
- Research Scholars: Rs. 500/-
- Participants without paper: Rs. 300/-
Registration fee includes seminar kit, working lunch and tea. No TA or DA will be paid to the participants for participating in the seminar.
- Deadline for abstract submission: 31/01/2020
- Notification of Abstract acceptance: 05/02/2020
- Last date for full paper submission: 25/02/2020
Convenor: Dr Pranab Saikia
For more details, click here.
About the Author