The Department of Commerce and Financial Studies, Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu, India proposes to organize the FIFTEENTH ANNUAL INTERNATIONAL SEMINAR, in line with its policy of conducting annual seminars on the theme of financial market research. A large number of authors from academia and industry, both from India and Abroad, would present their research papers in the seminar.
This year’s seminar would be organized on Financial Markets: Issues and Challenges (FIMIC- 2020) and Eleventh SMART Journal Annual Award 2019 awarded by the SMART Journal of Business Management Studies, would be part of the seminar.
This year’s seminar proposes to examine the different dimensions of the Financial Markets. Among the intermediaries, Mutual Funds show signs of considerable change. Security Markets Regulation, its evolution and the challenges faced by it, have become an important matter of interest and debate.
Further, issues pertaining to the Debt Market and Derivatives Market continue to nag the Indian Financial Markets. The seminar would mainly focus on the trends in the global financial system. The Indian Financial Market faces significant issues and challenges such as demonetization; GST implementation, and Digitalization over the past few years.
The seminar encourages policy research on various sub themes. The Annual seminar on “Financial Markets: Issues and Challenges (FIMIC-2020)”, therefore, proposes to invite RESEARCH PAPERS in the following seminar tracks:
- Financial Markets in the Pre and Post Liberalized Periods
- Constituents of Financial Markets.
- Financial Inclusion – Reason for Financial Inclusion, Financially Excluded Groups, Measures for Financial Inclusion, and Funds for Financial Inclusion, and Challenges of Financial Inclusion.
- SME and Capital Market: SME Index, Growth of SMEs, Financing of SMEs, Performance of SMEs, Barriers to Access Finance, SME Rating, Government Initiatives.
- Corporate Governance, Corporate Social Responsibility and Financial Markets, Trends in Corporate Governance, The Regulatory and Legal Framework of Corporate Governance, Corporate Social Responsibility in the changing world, Corporate Social Responsibility and Environment, Corporate Social Responsibility and the Human Rights, Corporate Social Responsibility in the creation of Shareholder Value.
- Financial Sector Reforms, Banking Sector Reforms, Monetary Policy Reforms, Capital Market Reforms, Reforms in Government Securities Market, Forex Market Reforms.
- Financial Services and Intermediaries, Banks, Non-Banking Financial Companies, Insurance, Leasing and Factoring Companies, Mutual Funds, Credit Rating, Venture Capital, Merchant Banking, Pension Funds, Hire Purchase, Hedge Fund.
- Equity Market – Primary Market – Types of Issue, Intermediaries, Placement o Issue, IPO Grading, Present Scenario of Primary Market.
- Equity Market – Secondary Market – Stock Exchange Members/Brokers, Depository, Depository Participants, SEBI, Trading & Settlement, Risk Management, Legal Framework, History of Stock Market, Stock Exchanges, Indices, Future of Stock Market.
- Money Market-Call Money Market, Treasury Bills Market, Term Money Market, Certificates of Deposits, Commercial Papers, Commercial Bill Market.
- Debt Market/Fixed Income Securities Market-Instruments, Participants, Risks of K Debt Securities, Yield, Secondary Market for Debt Instruments.
- Behavioral Finance – Heuristic Driven Biases, Frame Dependence, Market Inefficiency, Investor Behavior, Investors Attitude, Investors Sentiment.
- Ethics in Financial Markets: Professional Ethics of Brokers, Investors Protection, Investor Protection Measures by SEBI, Frauds in Banks, Measures against Bank Frauds, Insider Trading.
- Derivatives-Call Option, Put Option, Valuation Models, Option Trading Techniques, Futures, Types of Futures Contract, Risk Containment Measures, Hedging, Commodity Derivatives, Currency Derivatives, Interest Rate Derivatives, Weather Derivatives.
- Security Analysis – Investment Avenues, Fundamental Analysis, Technical Analysis, Market Efficiency
- Portfolio Management- Portfolio Construction, Portfolio Analysis, Portfolio Revision, Capital Asset Pricing Model, Arbitrage Pricing Theory, Portfolio Evaluation
- Financial Engineering – Economic Value Added (EVA) Approach, Activity Based Costing (ABC), Holistic Approach to Innovative Financial Engineering, Factors Contributing to the Growth of Financial Engineering, Asset/Liability Management, Mechanics of Mergers
- Research in Financial Markets – Research in Equity, Debt Market, Derivatives, Behavioral Finance
- Case Studies relating to Financial Markets.
- Other Relevant Aspects.
How to Submit
The participants must send a hardcopy of the manuscript, together with CD. However, the participants must also submit their paper as an e-mail attachment using MS Word to email@example.com
UG/PG Students: Rs. 300
Scholars doing M.Phil./PhD: Rs. 500
Faculty Members/Faculties doing PhD: Rs. 750
Accompanying Person: Rs. 750
Corporate Representative: Rs. 1000
Submission of Abstract and Full Paper, Registration Deadline: December 15, 2019
Dates of the Seminar: January 11-12, 2020