An online series of 8 workshops for anyone looking to enrich and facilitate Self-Directed Learning.
Aarohi is a community of self-directed learners – children who decide what they want to learn, how they want to learn, when they want to learn and how to self-reflect. The sessions will be led by Aditi, Ratnesh, and a team of parents from the Aarohi Community who live the life of SDL and bring their experience and stories.
About the Programme
You may be reassessing the approach towards education and choosing or thinking of choosing unschooling or homeschooling or open learning. It is not just dissatisfaction with conventional schooling, but also the immense options and satisfaction one can get when one’s charts one’s own path. Since it is a path less traveled, we look for people who can support us, who have walked this path, and who can help us with perspectives and insights into this journey as well as share their experience on some common doubts.
In this program, we share our processes of Self-Directed Learning(SDL) through our stories and experiences.
Self-Directed Learning(SDL) is not a way, or a method, or an approach. It is a space, an environment, an acceptance, a belief, a soil for the child to grow – as nature is already tuned to deliver. If you think that all this sounds too utopian, then we invite you to experience Self-Directed Learning with Aarohi.
Details of Programme
- From 6th April 2021 to 29th April 2021 (8 online sessions)
- Frequency – Twice a week, Tuesdays & Fridays
- Time – 9-10:30pm (India Time); 7:30-9pm(UAE time)
Continue the Journey
A learning community plays a vital role for our children, whose learning thrives using connections, collaborations, contributions, and collateral learning that the community automatically provides.
- Join the Aarohi community, and collaborate with parents, children, and facilitators of Aarohi community.
- Witness SDL in action
- Opportunity to practice SDL
What SDL program will offer you?
The program offers an enriching learning experience for you to –
- Explore many processes of how a child can lead his/her own learning
- Connect with the child to understand child’s interests and take them forward
- Collaborate with an engaged community who are walking this less trodden, but deeply meaningful path.
What SDL is not about?
- Parenting tips / counselling / support for parenting concerns
- Activity-based learning
Who is this program for?
- If you are curious about exploring the world of open-learning
- If you are a parent who is choosing to homeschool/ unschool
- If you want to bring SDL in your home as a way of life, what better way to spend this summer with your child to lead, to decide, and to discover self
- If you are working with children and want to understand the process of SDL
How does this Work?
- 8 workshops with patents and facilitators of Aarohi Community
- All sessions are conducted online using Zoom. You get the link after you register
- An ongoing conversation will take place on Whatsapp
All Aarohi’s program works on a contribution basis. This means several things: Most importantly, finances should NOT be a constraint for people to attend the program. People contribute as per the value they derive from the program. The indicated contribution for the SDL program is Rs 7,000/-
How to Register?
Interested participants can register for the programme through this link.
For more details, click the link below.