About the organiser
Sambhaavnaa Institute has been organizing political, economic, social and environmental justice program for past six years for social workers. Sambhaavnaa Institute is located in a village near by Palampur, Himachal Pradesh and the training venue and logistic arrangements are made in its premises.
About the workshop
Self-care skill building workshop is a collaborative initiative to prepare and maintain an excellent experience of festivity and deep understanding of self-care for the workers who have been working with right based approach within their socio-cultural context.
Various methods which will be used in this workshops are:
- Awareness: Increasing awareness about body, emotions and thoughts through mindfulness.
- Release: Releasing of negative emotions, the flow of energies breaks down and obstacles.
- Catharsis: Creating opportunity for the expression of suppressed emotions of that they can be light and bliss free of emotional glands. Practice of being silent and calm in the moment.
- Sharing experience and understanding: Understanding the concept of society, fear, respect, shame, in context of self and moving-on from its impact, discussions and lectures.
- Group healing: Energies yourself through self-love, meditation and self-reflection.
Who is it for
This workshop is specially designed for women workers who came forward to work on women’s issues. Women and men workers who work with feminist perspective can be a part of this workshop.
Nurturing Physical, Mental and Emotional well being of social workers
The 5-days long workshop will be held at:
The online registration form for the workshop are available on this page.
Participants are required to contribute an amount of Rs. 4000 towards workshop expenses (inclusive of all onsite workshop costs: boarding, lodging, and all the materials used in the workshop). Participants need to bear their travel expenses at their own. However, a limited number of need based partial waivers are available.
5-9 September 2018;
Workshop will start from 2 pm on 5th September and will conclude by 5 pm on 9th September.
- Phone: +91 889 422 7954
- E-mail: email@example.com
For further details, visit the official website here.