Scope of the Symposium
The Symposium on Selenium Chemistry and Biology (SSCB-2017) is being organized by Chemistry Group, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC), Trombay, Mumbai, India, during November 9-11, 2017.
The symposium is being organized by Society for Materials Chemistry and supported by the Board of Research in Nuclear Sciences (BRNS), Department of Atomic Energy (DAE).
In this Symposium, it is planned to focus on contemporary research in the field of selenium chemistry, material science and biology.
The deliberations of the symposium will cover the following topics:
- Organoselenium chemistry
- Selenium based advanced/nanomaterials
- Selenium speciation in environment
- Selenium biology/ Selenoproteins
- Selenium toxicology
- Selenium in cancer
- Analytical method for selenium detection
- Selenium drugs and formulations
- Selenium in nutrition
Submission of papers June 20, 2017
Acceptance of papers August 20, 2017
Registration against payment September 20, 2017
BARC Training School Hostel, Anushaktinagar, Mumbai-400094, India
Date of the event
November 9-11, 2017
Note: Registration fees should be sent only after receiving intimation of acceptance of your paper.
Multimedia projectors will be made available for oral presentations. An area of 1m x 1m will be provided for each poster presentation.
Preparation of Abstract
One page for the Invited talk and the contributory paper should be prepared using the template provided in the symposium web site and submitted to the Secretary, SSCB- 2017, by email within the specified date.
The registration form is available here. All the delegates of SSCB-2017 should get registered in advance by filling the registration form.
The registration fee should be transferred to A/c No. 35970880309 (IFSC code: SBIN0001268) payable at SBI, BARC, Mumbai in favour of SSCB-2017 (A/c payee only). The details of the registration fee are given below:
- Research Scholars Rs. 2500/-
- Delegates from Univ.s /Educational Institutions/ Govt. Departments/ accompanying person Rs. 3000/-
- Delegates from Public Sector Undertakings Rs. 5000/-
- Delegates from Industries Rs. 5000/-
- Delegates from abroad US $ 200/-
- Accompanying person with foreign delegates US $ 150/-
- Research Scholar from abroad US $ 150/-
The registration fee covers electronic copy of symposium proceedings (CD), conference-banquet, lunch, dinner and refreshments during the symposium period, but does not cover the accommodation charges.
Note: Registration fee is non-refundable. The hard copy of proceedings (at an additional cost of Rs. 300/-) will be made available to participants on prior request and should be specified in the participation form.
- Limited number of accommodation for delegates will be available in BARC Guest Houses/ Hostels.
- Additional arrangement will be made on request in nearby Guest Houses/hotels with Tariffs ranging from Rs.3000/- to Rs.7000/- per day per person.
- Request for accommodation should be made to The Secretary, SSCB-2017 after payment of registration fee.
- Accommodation for only one author per contributory paper will be arranged.
- Accompanying persons, if any, are required to make their own accommodation arrangement.
- Conference Visa or Business Visa is mandatory for attending SSCB-2017. Visa is necessary for visiting India and should be obtained by the delegates from Indian Consulate in their countries.
- Please send the scanned copy of the completed registration form along with abstract by email to Secretary, SSCB-2017 Chemistry Division, BARC, Trombay, Mumbai-400 085, India Telephone: +91-22-2559 2943 (O) Email : SSCB2017barc@gmail.com
For further details, regarding the symposium and the registration form please click here.