The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) is recruiting for the post of Officer Grade A (Assistant Manager)- General, Legal, Information Technology, Official Language and Research Stream.
It is a statutory regulatory body established by an Act of Parliament, to protect the interests of investors in securities, to promote the development of and to regulate the securities market.
- Qualification: Master’s Degree in Economics/Commerce/Business Administration/Post Graduate Degree in Management/ Post Graduate Diploma in Management with 55% marks (50% for PWD-HH) in the aggregate, CA/CFA/CS/ICWA.
- Total vacancies: 24
- Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree in Law from a recognized University/Institute with minimum 55% marks (50% for SC/PWD-VH) in the aggregate or LLM.
- Total vacancies: 7
- Qualification: first class graduate (55% for SC/PWD-HH) in engineering (electrical/ electronics/ electronics and communication/ information technology/computer science)/Masters in Computers Application/First class graduate in any discipline (55% for SC/PWD-HH)with post graduate qualification (minimum 2 years duration) in computers/ information technology.
- Total vacancy: 3
- Qualification: Master’s Degree in Hindi with 50% (PWD-HH) in the aggregate with English as one of the subjects at Bachelor’s Degree level or Master’s Degree in Sanskrit/English/Economics/Commerce with 50% (PWD-HH) in the aggregate with Hindi as a subject at Bachelor’s Degree level.
- Total vacancies: 1
- Qualification: Masters degree in Statistics/Economics/ Commerce/ Business Administration (Finance)/Econometrics with minimum 55% marks (50% for ST). Candidates with a Doctorate in topics related to above subjects shall be given preference.
- Research or teaching experience and publication in standard journals will be considered as an additional qualification.
- Total vacancies: 3
Candidates are eligible to apply for only one stream as the date and time of On-line Examination will be the same for all streams.
Candidates applying for any of the above mentioned streams would be expected to be computer literate and conversant with MS Office, Word and Excel Applications.
Experience in the related field will be considered during the selection process. The candidate will be required to submit the experience certificate(s) from employer(s).
Mode of Selection
Mode of selection for the General, Legal, Information Technology, Official Language and Research Stream will be On-Line Examination and Interview as under:
An online examination of two hours duration consisting of Objective type (Multiple Choice) questions for 200 marks will be held on June 25, 2017.
- General/Research: They will be tested in English, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability, General Awareness.
- Legal/Information Technology/Official Language: They will be tested in English, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability, General Awareness and Professional Knowledge.
On fulfilling the criteria of minimum cut off marks in each subject, candidates will be shortlisted based on Group Performance as decided by SEBI.
List of candidates shortlisted for interview will be made available on SEBI website.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be called for interview. Application fee shall not be refunded to the candidates not shortlisted for the interview.
SEBI reserves the right to modify the selection procedure, if deemed fit.
Application Fee (non-refundable)
- For unreserved and OBC category: Rs. 600/- as application cum intimation charges plus applicable bank charges.
- For all SC/ST/PWD: Rs. 100/- as intimation charges plus applicable bank charges.
Service Conditions/Pay and Allowances
Pay: The incumbent will be on a scale of pay of Officer Grade A in the scale of Rs. 28150-1550(4)-34350-1750(7)-46600-EB-1750(4)-53600- 2000(1)-55600 (17years).
Presently, the gross emolument including Board Contribution towards National Pension Scheme (NPS), Grade Allowance, Special Allowance, Dearness Allowance, Family Allowance, Local Allowance etc. at Mumbai at the minimum of this scale is approx. Rs.92,000/- p.m. without accommodation and Rs.62,000/- p.m. with accommodation.
- Benefits: Other benefits viz., Leave Fare Concession, Medical Expenses, Financial Dailies, Book Grant, Briefcase, Conveyance Expenses, House Cleaning Allowance, Staff Furnishing Scheme, Scheme for Purchasing Computers, Subsidized Lunch Facility and all other benefits as admissible to an Officer in Grade A in SEBI.
- Accommodation: All efforts would be made to provide residential accommodation, subject to availability.
- Posting: The incumbent may be posted and transferred to any location in India where SEBI has its Offices.
How To Apply
Candidates are required to apply On-Line through the website http://www.sebi.gov.in from 03.05.2017 to 24.05.2017 and no other mode of application will be accepted.
Candidates need not submit the system generated print out of the ON-LINE application to SEBI’s office.
For more information on the job vacancy, application procedure, payment method etc click here.