About the Programme
The second SEASAT Youth Camp emphasizes on the role women and gender issues play in contemporary society. After undergoing years of lobbying for inclusive policies, women and other marginalized members of society are beginning to break through barriers erected by outmoded social thinking.
With this year’s theme, “Diverse. Empowered. Inclusive.,” the 2020 SEASAT Youth Camp will bring together 50 promising Asian youths who share the ideals of continuing the progressive momentum for women and gender issues.
In collaboration with the American Institute in Taiwan, the 4-day camp, will expose participants to women and gender issues through seminars, workshops, educational tours, as well as a crash course on basic leadership. The Camp also doubles as a networking platform to further connect the SEASAT Youth.
- 18 to 24 years old
- Interest in contemporary Indo-Pacific issues, and youth leadership
- Citizens of Southeast Asia, South Asia or Taiwan
- Holds a passport/Means to travel to Taipei, Taiwan
The organizers will cover all local expenses (Taiwan) incurred during the camp, including meals, lodging (4-beds per room), insurance, educational materials, and other miscellaneous fees (museum entrance fees), and local transportation for event-related activities.
As there are limited slots, applications will be screened by a selection committee. Successful applicants will be notified on 8 May 2020 at 13:00 (GMT+8 Taipei Time).
How to Apply?
- Interested applicants can apply for the programme through this link.
- Early submission is highly encouraged. Applications sent via e-mail will not be entertained.
April 4, 2020
Mr Yuri Baral