The Swedish Center for Russian Studies, SCRS, is a politically independent think tank dedicated to providing insights and a different perspective on the developments in Russia and Eastern Europe. SCRS is continually studying and analyzing current events in Russia at a strategic level.
By doing so, we aim to improve our clients’ decision making and to give them both a Russian and a Swedish perspective to use in their decision or further discussions with international partners. Through Sqore, we are seeking the perspectives of young leaders on global events and developments in which Russia plays a role.
In this essay competition your analytical and forecasting skills are put to the test as you address the issues of political consensus and cooperation in the globally relevant Arctic region.
You provide concrete recommendations on how stakeholders should meet upcoming challenges, and develop scenarios on what cooperation and interaction between these stakeholders will look like in the future.
This challenge does not only hold a 2500 USD prize, but is also an opportunity to exhibit your skills and present yourself to a newly-founded Swedish think tank, with possible future involvement and interaction in the longer term.
- Logging in to read the full competition brief
- Posting your essay before June 30th
- While the competition primarily addresses the Arctic littoral countries, respondents from any part of the world are welcome to submit their contribution.
- The essay should be written in English and have a maximum of 2000 words, including appendices, references and sources.
- The contribution will be judged by a panel of experts selected by SCRS. Their decision is final.
- One (1) winner will receive a cash prize of 2500 USD. No prize alternatives are offered and prizes are non-transferable.
- The winner is solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to the acceptance of the prize.
- SCRS retains the right to use, share or publish the essay in any channel or medium.
- Signs of plagiarism will disqualify the entry immediately.
- SCRS reserves the right to change these rules or disqualify entries at any time.
For any questions, please contact email@example.com.