About the organizers:
Deutsche Welle (DW) is Germany’s international broadcaster. The flagship channel DW provides analysis and insights to viewers around the globe, reporting on important issues in English 24/7.
In India, DW is broadcast on Tata Sky, one of India’s leading providers of satellite television, on channel 639.
Scroll.in is an independent news, information, and entertainment venture. Scroll brings into sharp focus the most important political and cultural stories that are shaping contemporary India.
About the Event:
Every street in India has a story. A story that vividly demonstrates that India is the perfect sum of its contrasting parts. ‘It Happens Only In India’ is an effort to document exactly this – the balance and disorder, the love and hate, the chaos and calm.
We urge you to step out with your phone or pocket camera and find the stories that move you – stories of compassion, bravery, identity, prejudice, injustice, new and old traditions, or anything that makes India, well…India.
We invite submissions from all storytellers who love the visual medium to make compelling videos that capture the India we live in.
Jury | First Prize: Rs 1,50,000
Jury | Second Prize: Rs 1,00,000
Popular Choice Prize: Rs 50,000
- To participate, first upload your film on YouTube. Ensure that the title slide and end slide have been added. The link should be an ‘Unlisted’ link.
- Fill out the form below and paste the YouTube link to your video.
- Once the details are sent, you will receive a confirmation email from us with next steps.
Terms & Conditions:
The video should not be a work of fiction.
- Each participant can be a part of only one team.
- Entry is prohibited to employees of or consultants to Scroll Media Inc. and DW or their immediate family members.
- Participants are not allowed to use any footage that has been shot outside of the allocated film project duration (17 March – 30 May).
- Participants may use still photographs. If any photographs are sourced from a third party, the source should be clearly mentioned on the credit list.
- Additional images, graphics or material used to enhance the film should be royalty free content. All creative commons material must be credited.
- Animation and special effects are allowed only if they have been created during the allotted film project duration.
- Participants must use only royalty free music / background score for the film to avoid any copyright issues.
- Entries will be accepted from 17 March – 30 May, 2017 through the form online.
For more details, please visit this link.