Entries are invited for SCOUT-2021: Smart City Challenges & Outcomes for Urban Transformation.
About the Challenge
SCOUT (Smartcity Challenge & Outcome for Urban Transformation) – 2021 is a Pan-India contest for start-ups/ innovators focusing on solutions for Smart-Cities.The objective of SCOUT 2021 is to invitee solutions from Innovators/ Entrepreneurs/Startups/ Enthusiasts/Students/ Research communities to come up with alternative ways of fulfilling the specific needs & products or service in making the city life better and bringing transformation through disruptive technologies.
These contestants will be expected to come-up with innovative creative ESDM solutions that solve defined problem statements to make future cities smart & self-sustainable. The objective is also to bring out state-of-art made-in India solutions and thus give a further boost to the idea of Atmanirbhar Bharat.
The Contest shall be followed by creation of POC for the successful solutions. These contestants will be expected to come-up with innovative creative ideas and solutions that can solve certain predefined problem to make future cities smart & self-sustainable.
Who can Apply?
- The challenge invites the proposals/applications from Indian Start-ups who are working in domain related to ESDM product development.
- Start-ups registered with DPIIT under start-up India programme are encouraged to participate in this programme.
- Individual Academicians, Students, Researchers, working professionals, Educators, Entrepreneurs, partnership firms, LLPs may also participate
- Healthcare solutions for future urban healthcare
- Advanced Transport management solutions
- Waste Management
- Energy Management & Conservation System
- Industrial/Building Automation
- Security & Surveillance
- Environment & Pollution Monitoring Solution
- Citizen Services
- Modernize criminal identification, tracking and verification by police organizations across the country using Tech led solutions.
- Advancement in toll collection systems to address several problems like malfunctioning in RFID cards, offline payments, toll traffic management, manual billing, detection of rule violators such as overloading etc.
- Modular network architecture which can address current challenges including Energy Management, Smart Lighting, Water Management, Intelligent parking, Infrastructure management, Pollution control, Waste Management, Disaster Warning & response etc.
- Integrated technologies for remote Health diagnostics and Treatment in Healthcare
- Realtime Measurement and Monitoring various health parameters, geolocation for the frontline workers such as Health professional, Police etc. for early detection and prevention of occupational diseases.
- Realtime Drainage, Man holes and Sewage monitoring systems
- Smart Poles for smart city infrastructure
- Solutions to monitor and maintain water quality parameters of water bodies.
- Collection, route & frequency optimization, Segregation, Handling & Processing of wastes using Electronic devices, Sensors and Technology driven ESDM Solutions.
- Disaster management solutions for early prediction, damage control and minimization of post disaster impacts.
- Energy analytics for smart cities Intelligent fault detection, smart distribution and monitoring of various utilities such as gas, water and electricity.
- Realtime Monitoring, Maintenance alert and fault/failure prediction of smart city infrastructure & assets including bridges, over bridges, skywalks, rail tracks, buildings, towers etc.
- For ensuring that the best start-ups are selected, a rigorous & stringent screening process shall be followed.
- Designated committee(s) shall screen & evaluate the applications.
- The screening & evaluation may be multi-stage.
Awards & Recognitions
- Cash prize up to 3 Lakhs, 2 Lakhs & 1 Lakh to the Winner, 1st runner up & 2nd runner up respectively.
- Individual cash prize up to 50 Thousand each to 6 best PoCs against each problem statement.
- Reimbursement up to 20k per participant for Components, Development boards and other services required to making the POC.
- Real time implementation of POCs selected in the Hackathon
- Assistance in availing Tools, Technologies, Resources required to build the POC
- Virtual Mentoring by Industry professionals, Academicians etc
- Knowledge dissemination sessions by Experts from areas of interest
- Networking with Govt. Authorities/Civil Society/ Potential Consumers
- Award & Recognition
- Incubation offer to the Winners
How to Register?
Interested participants can register for the challenge through this link.
March 10, 2021
For more details, click the link below.