Applications are invited from highly motivated and qualified individuals for the posts of Scientific Officer at the Raman Research Institute, Bangalore.
The Raman Research Institute, funded by the Government of India, is a premier institute engaged in research in basic sciences.
The post details are given below.
1. Scientific Officer – C (01)
Applications are invited for one position of ‘Scientific Officer – C’ in the Quantum Interactions Laboratory at the Institute for a period of two years (1 + 1). The extension for the second year will be based on satisfactory performance in the first year. The desired candidate should be an experimental physicist in the Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics, with a strong academic record.
- The position is experimental.
- Successful candidates will work with existing students and staff on the ongoing projects which encompass one or more of the above areas.
- Working in teams is an essential requirement and mentoring students is expected from the successful candidate.
- The job requires the development and building of new, cutting edge experiments and techniques.
- The projects have very precisely defined goals, which can vary briefly be described as “Exploring basic Quantum processes and the development of Quantum Technologies.”
A Doctoral Degree in Physical sciences, in the above or related areas. Those who have submitted the thesis but are yet to complete the requirements for the award of Ph.D. may also apply. The upper age limit is 45 years as on the last date for the closing of applications.
INR 1,00,000/- per month (consolidated)
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply by sending their CV to email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org. Two referral letters in support of the application are required. A referral letter may be sent to email@example.com.
The last date for receipt of online applications is 18th June 2020. Applications received after the last date will not be considered.
2. Scientific Officer – C (01)
Applications are invited from individuals for a contract based Scientific Officer – C position at the Quantum Information and Computing lab, for a period of one year, with a possible extension up to four years or coterminous with the project (whichever is earlier). The yearly extension will be based on an annual performance review, which will be conducted at RRI.
- The selected candidate under this announcement will avail of a unique opportunity to participate in this internationally competitive effort towards quantum communications experiments in the free space domain, some involving communication via dedicated satellites, as well as international linkages.
- The appointee will be expected to work in a team and should be willing to travel and work outdoors as may be required.
- The candidates will be associated with the Quantum Information and Computing lab, LAMP Group of the Institute.
- A doctoral degree in Physical sciences in experimental quantum information or related areas. Those who have submitted the thesis but are yet to complete the requirements for the award of Ph.D. may also apply.
- Prior experience of working in an optics-based lab environment and familiarity with practical handling of optical and optomechanical components.
- Knowledge of quantum information at the level of “Quantum Computation and Quantum Information” by Nielsen and Chuang [especially chapters 1, 2, 7 and 12].
- Knowledge in controlling equipment using Labview.
- Programming knowledge in C++/ Python /Matlab/ Mathematica.
Consolidated remuneration of Rs. 1, 00,000 per month will be paid to the candidate for the first year. An increase of 3% will be provided every year after that.
Those who have submitted the thesis, but are yet to complete the requirements for the award of Ph.D. will be paid Rs. 38,000 + HRA@24% p.m.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply by sending their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com. The last date for receipt of applications is 19th June 2020. Applications received after the last date will not be considered. Two referral letters in support of the application are required. The Referral letters may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in TWAS-Biotec Postdoctoral Fellowship Program for Young Scientists [Funding Available]: Apply by Aug 31.