The Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES), Government of India invites applications for the 03 (three) posts of Scientists G in India Meteorological Department, New Delhi in the Pay Level 14 of Pay Matrix (Rs.144200-218200) and other allowances as admissible to central government employees at Delhi, to be appointed on direct recruitment basis.
Area of Activity
- Satellite Meteorology/ Tele-Communication System.
- Climate Monitoring, Climate Prediction (Extended, seasonal and beyond), Climate Data, Products and services, and Climate Research, Climate Change, Climate Data Processing.
- Meteorological Observational systems including Surface, Upper Air, Radar, etc.
- Doctorate in a branch of Science or equivalent as per the requirement;
- A Master’s Degree in a branch of Engineering/ Technology or equivalent as per the requirement with at least first class (60%) in the qualifying degree;
- Doctorate shall count as three years experience;
- Whoever does not have the working knowledge of Hindi, lie/she shall be required to acquire the same during his/her probation period.
- A Master’s Degree in Physics/ Mathematics/ Meteorology or Atmospheric Sciences with at least first class (60%) in the qualifying degree.
- A Bachelors Degree in Electronics/ Communication/ Telecommunication Engineering with at least first class (60%) in the qualifying degree.
- 21 (Twenty-one) years experience in teaching (at the graduate or postgraduate level), research and development, survey, administration, planning, supervision or training, etc in the relevant fields.
The candidate’s age should not be exceeding 50 years (Relaxable for Government Servants up to five years following the instructions or orders issued by the Central Government)
The post of Scientist G at IMD is in the Pay Level 14 (Rs.144200 — 218200), and other allowances as admissible to Central Government employees.
How to Apply?
To download the application form, click here.
The filled-in application complete in all respects should reach the Deputy Secretary(Estt.), Ministry of Earth Sciences, Prithvi Bhavan, Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110 003 by May 3, 2020.
Phone Number: 01124669515
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in JOB POST: Scientist at Institute of Life Sciences, Bhubaneswar [Monthly Salary Rs. 56k]: Apply by May 15.