Sálim Ali Centre for Ornithology and Natural History (SACON), a Centre of Excellence under the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Government of India requires TWO Scientists in the Scale of Pay: Pay Matrix Level-11 Cell-1 of 7th CPC (Pre-revised: Rs. 15,600-39,100 + GP Rs. 6,600/- PB3).
1. Scientist (Landscape Ecology)
- Essential Qualifications: (i) PhD in any branch of Life Sciences, Forestry, Forest Ecology and Environment, Geoinformatics, Remote Sensing and GIS, involving research work in Plant or Vertebrate field ecology and spatial analyses tools, (ii) Five years of research experience (excluding research carried out for Post Graduate Degree) and (iii) Proven track record with relevant research publications.
- Desirable Qualifications: Teaching and Training expertise in use of Remote Sensing and GIS Software, (ii) Experience in spatial analyses and modeling with understanding of different spatial and temporal scales involving field-based research, (iii) Experience in management of large spatial database and interoperable decision support systems.
- Job Requirements: (i) Development and management of spatial database; Designing and implementation of large-scale survey/studies, (ii) spatial analysis and modeling, (iii) Teaching for Post Graduate Course at SACON and (iv) Undertaking research in landscape ecology and support in preparation of management plans for Protected Areas in the country.
2. Scientist (Avian Physiology and Genetics)
- Essential Qualifications: (i) PhD in any branch of Life Sciences with specialization in physiology or genetics, (ii) Five years of research experience (excluding research carried out for Post Graduate Degree) and (iii) Proven track record with relevant research publications.
- Desirable Qualifications: (i) Good knowledge of avian physiology / genetics and current trends, and (ii) Exposure to modern laboratory, molecular genetics and physiology.
- Job Requirements: (i) Teach Avian Physiology and Conservation Genetics for Post Graduate students, (ii) Conduct training programmes for various stakeholders in the field of avian forensic and conservation genetics, (iii) Update gene and genome resource banking of Avifauna and (iv) Undertake research projects with focus on in-situ and ex-situ conservation of birds.
How to Apply?
- Neatly typed application on the prescribed form with self-attested copies of testimonials of academic qualifications, research experience, date of birth etc., should reach “The Director, Sálim Ali Centre for Ornithology and Natural History, Anaikatty Post, Coimbatore – 641 108 (Tamil Nadu)” on or before 15.09.2020.
- Applications not received in the prescribed form are liable to be rejected. Candidates, who wish to apply for both the positions, should submit separate applications.
- The envelope containing application should be superscribed with “Application for the post of Scientist (Landscape Ecology) / Scientist (Avian Physiology and Genetics)”.
- Applications received without self-attested copies of supporting documents and/or incomplete in any other respects shall not be considered. No original documents should be sent with applications, and they should be produced only at the time of interview.
Sep 15, 2020
For more details, click the link below.