Applications are invited from Indian nationals only for the project position as per the details given below for the research project at the Indian Institute of Technology, Mandi.
The Indian Institute of Technology Mandi is an autonomous engineering and technology university located in Mandi district, Himachal Pradesh. IIT Mandi’s permanent campus is fully functional on the left bank of the Uhl River at Kamand and Salgi villages in Mandi District.
The post details are given below.
1. Senior Project Scientist (01)
Applications are invited from Indian nationals only for project position as per the details given below for the research project under the Principal investigator Dr. Garima Agrawal, School of Basic Sciences, Indian Institute of Technology Mandi.
Designing Functional Nanomaterials for Drug Delivery funded by Department of Science & Technology (DST).
Synthesis of functional polymers, colloids, chemical functionalization, characterization, in vitro studies, project planning, chemical procurement, managing, executing, and reports preparation.
- Ph.D. in Chemistry/ Polymer/ Chemical Engineering or equivalent preferred. M.Sc./ M.Tech. in Chemistry/Polymer/Chemical Engineering or equivalent with minimum two-year research experience can also apply but will be considered as project scientist only.
- Candidates with valid UGC NET/ GATE/ National level exams will be preferred.
- Candidates with very good knowledge of (polymer/ organic) synthesis, instrumentation techniques such as NMR, IR, DLS, SEM, TEM, etc. will be preferred.
- Good knowledge of in vitro studies will be an added advantage.
Rs. 35,000/- p.m. for senior project scientist (Candidates with M.Sc./ M.Tech.+ 2-year experience will be considered for a reduced salary of 20,000/- p.m. as per institute rule for project scientist).
How to Apply?
Candidates desiring to appear for the Interview (in-person/ online skype) should submit their applications with the following documents as a single pdf file to the principal investigator through email (firstname.lastname@example.org).:
- Detailed CV including contact details, the chronological discipline of degree/certificates obtained.
- Experience including research, industrial field, and others.
- Self-attested copies of degree/ certificate and experience certificate.
- Any other relevant information.
The subject line of the email should be “DSTInspire: Application for the post of SPS -Your name”. Upon prior requests from candidates, a skype interview will be allowed. The last date to apply is June 25, 2020.
2. Project Associate-II (01)
FarmerZone (a DBT Funded Project at IIT Mandi) invites applications for the post of Project Associate.
The Position will mainly be involved in:
- R&D related to Agriculture data acquisition – Agronomy related.
- Set up experiments related to Potato crop, Lab-based assays, Manage soil analytics.
- Assist FarmerZone (FZ) team in iterative development and test e-tools/ Apps.
- Network with scientists from partner organizations.
- Train and guide Field officers as well as farmers based on the need.
- Data collection and Report Preparation.
- Requires extensive travel and stay in rural areas based on project needs.
- Any other FZ relevant tasks will be assigned by the reporting officer.
- M.Sc or equivalent degree in Agriculture/ Plant Sciences/ Life Sciences or the relevant subject area with a minimum of 2 years of work experience.
- Good academic record, Knowledge about the farming of Potato and other crops.
- Agro-related R&D and field-based experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to deal with community aspects.
- A good team player with go-getter attitude and solution-oriented outlook.
- Qualification in national level exams such as GATE.
Consolidated monthly salary will be INR 20,000 to 30,000 per month based on education qualification and relevant experience.
The initial appointment will be for a period of one year, extendable until the end of the project, subject to the performance of the candidate and availability of the funding.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates should email their latest CV on email@example.com with cc to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by 10th June 2020 with email subject line ‘Application for FarmerZone – Project Associate”. The walk-in-interview will be held on June 12, 2020.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in JOB POST: Project Positions at ICAR-Indian Agricultural Research Institute, Delhi [3 Vacancies]: Apply by June 16.