The National Institute of Animal Biotechnology (NIAB), Hyderabad is looking for a Scientist and visionary academic leader with an outstanding record of research accomplishments to establish a strong center of research to address the problems existing in livestock health and productivity.
Qualified Persons having established interpersonal and leadership skills with a commitment to work effectively with colleagues as part of an interdisciplinary team is required. NIAB is looking for a dedicated and committed person who believes in institution building and has a passion for academic excellence and quality research.
The selected candidate is expected to establish a strong research program to address the problems of livestock. Lead a group of scientists in the identified areas, establish Centre of Excellence, help the Director in the academic and administrative matters of the Institute and develop an ecosystem for communication, creative thinking, and innovation.
For Direct Recruitment
- Ph.D. in Veterinary Sciences/ Animal Sciences/ Modern Biology/ Life Sciences or equivalent from a recognized university with a strong track record of research, academic accomplishment in terms of publications and patents, and attracting generous research funding.
- Evidence of leadership with 15 years of R&D experience in any one of the NIAB thrust areas and experience of guiding Ph.D. students.
Officials of Central Governments/ State Governments/ Universities/ Public Sector Undertaking/Govt. Funded Research Organization/ Institutes/ autonomous bodies possessing the qualification and experience prescribed for direct recruitment, as above, are eligible to apply.
The incumbent will be placed in Level-15 of the pay matrix with annual increment as per CCS (Revised Pay) Rules, 2016. At the present rate, a Scientist-H shall be entitled to a gross pay of about Rs 2,65,000 as per the CCS (RP) Rules, 2016. The positions carry usual allowances as admissible to Central Government Employees of the same pay and status posted at Hyderabad.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates are requested to email PDFs of the following documents to email@example.com on or before 6th July 2020 :
- Duly filled application format.
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of notable publications, patents, and technologies
- Five best publications
- List of three referees with names and email addresses.
- A two-page note on the proposed scientific program to be undertaken at NIAB.
- Candidates working in Govt./PSUs/autonomous bodies are required to have their applications forwarded through proper channels.
- Nominations by distinguished experts may be considered, depending upon merit and the area of expertise
To download the application form, click here.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org