The National Institute for Research in Tuberculosis [Formerly Tuberculosis Research Centre (TRC)], a permanent institute under the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), is an internationally recognized institution for Tuberculosis (TB) research.
The Centre is also recognized for post-graduate training leading to the Ph.D. degrees in bacteriology, biochemistry, immunology and statistics by the Madras University and by the Inter-University Board of India and Sri Lanka . It is also a training centre for WHO fellows, as well as medical undergraduates and post-graduates of the University of Madras and of the neighboring states.
- MD in Microbiology from a recognized University with five years R&D/teaching experience in Medical Microbiology out of which at least 2 years in a managerial position to handle R&D projects in a team effectively in a directing capacity.
- First/Second Class M.Sc. + Ph.D in Medical Microbiology from a recognized University with eight years R&D/teaching experience in Medical Microbiology after M.Sc. + Ph.D. out of which at least 2 years in a managerial position to handle R&D projects in a team effectively in a directing capacity.
- Age limit: Not exceeding 45 years. Relaxable up to 5 years for Government Servants and for SC/ST/OBC- NCL candidates in accordance with the instructions issued by the Department of Personnel and Training from time to time in this regard.
- Two years of experience in conducting research in a TB laboratory.
- Be well versed with the RNTCP guidelines, be able to coordinate with National Reference Laboratories activities, undertake real-time research to support RNTCP Policy Guidelines.
- Be able to design and conduct laboratory based research projects, be a team leader to assist other laboratory staff to undertake research studies, manage administrative responsibilities.
- Be able to develop and validate newer diagnostic methodologies and newer Anti-TB drugs.
- The candidate should be able to design and conduct independent laboratory based research projects, be a team leader to assist other laboratory staff to undertake research studies, be part of a team in assisting and supporting ongoing HIV TB clinical trials and also manage administrative responsibilities.
- The candidate should be able to develop and validate newer diagnostic methodologies and newer anti tuberculosis drugs and coordination of National Reference Laboratory activities such as EQA etc., undertake real time research to support RNTCP policy guidelines and assist the Head of Department in the administrative activities of the lab.
Remuneration: Pay Band PB-3 Rs.15600-39100 + Grade Pay Rs. 7600/- (minimum pay Rs. 21,900/- + Grade Pay Rs. 7600/-) (pre-revised VI CPC)
How to apply?
- Application forms and other information can be obtained by clicking here.
- Application forms duly completed in all respects and signed by the applicant should be sent to the Director, National Institute for Research in Tuberculosis (Formerly Tuberculosis Research Centre), No.1, Mayor Sathyamoorthy Road, Chetput, Chennai – 600 031 on or before the closing date (21.06.2017).
- Documents to be enclosed with the application form (self-attested copies) –
- Proof of Date of Birth (SSC Board Certificate)
- Educational qualifications (Degree, Diploma, certificate courses and copies of all mark sheets for all the years
- Community Certificate
- Experience (proof for all experiences mentioned in the application)
- List of publications
- Crossed Indian Postal Order (IPO) or Demand Draft from a nationalized bank for Rs.500/- (Rupees Five hundred only) payable to the Director, National Institute for Research in Tuberculosis, Chennai. SC/ST/women and physically handicapped candidates (PH) are exempted from the application fee. IPOs/DDs are payable by all other candidates including ICMR employees
- Unsigned/Incomplete application or application without supportive evidence asked for/without postal order/demand draft and application received late shall be summarily rejected.
Last date for application: June 21
To visit the official notification, kindly click here.