The Science and Engineering Research Board, New Delhi, India invites proposals under the Scientific & Useful Profound Research Advancement (SUPRA) scheme 2020.
SERB has developed a newly approved scheme that seeks to explore new scientific breakthroughs, with a long-term impact on our fundamental scientific understanding, and offer disruptive technologies at the cutting edge. SERB-SUPRA (Scientific and Useful Profound Research Advancement) is a scheme beyond normal core grants and purposefully designed for high-quality proposals consisting of new hypothesis or challenge existing ones, and provide ‘out-of-box’ solutions.
- Applicants [Principal Investigator (PI) and / or Co-Principal Investigator(s) (Co-PI(s))] should be Indian citizens. Foreign nationals (including OCI and NRI) are also eligible to apply provided they fulfill the eligibility criteria notified by SERB.
- The applicant(s) must hold a regular academic/research position in a recognized academic institution or national laboratory or in any other recognized R&D institution in India with at least 5 years of service remaining.
- Private Academic institutions with valid UGC/ AICTE/ PCI approval, Private R&D Institutions with valid DSIR-SIRO recognition and Voluntary and Non-Governmental Organizations registered under NITI-AAYOG Darpan portal are eligible to host a project.
- INSPIRE Faculty, Ramanujan and Ramalingaswamy Fellows, Research Associates, Ad-hoc faculties, Guest Faculty, Visiting Scientist, consultant, Project Fellows and Faculty members whose contract is renewed every year are not eligible.
- The PI and Co-Investigator(s) should hold a Ph.D. degree in Science, Mathematics, Engineering or M.D / M.S. / M.D.S. / M.V.Sc degree at the time of applying for the grant.
Call for Proposals
Interested candidates can submit their proposals online by clicking here.
The last date to submit your proposals is April 30, 2020.
- The SUPRA scheme provides research support to an individual researcher or a group of researchers working in a recognized academic institution or national laboratory or in other recognized R & D institutions in India.
- Funding will be provided normally for a period of three years, which could be extended to 2 years (5 yrs total) subject to performance evaluation.
- The research grant is provided for equipment, manpower, consumables, travel, and contingency. “Overheads” is also be provided to the implementing institution as per prevailing norms of SERB.
- First phase: Initial screening will be based on the assessment of extended synopsis as described in the application format and research track record of the Principal Investigator, as judged by her/his CV. Only those proposals which proceed through the first phase will be sent out for external review.
- Second phase: Full scientific proposal should meet the core mandate and features of SUPRA and it will be closely judged on these lines in the second step of the assessment process.
Phone Number: +91-011-26590353
Email ID: praveen@nic@in
For further details, click here.