The Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics invites applications from meritorious candidates for the three posts of Scientific & Technical Officer. The last date to apply is February 28, 2020.
The Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics is an autonomous institution set up by the University Grants Commission to promote nucleation and growth of active groups in astronomy and astrophysics in Indian universities.
Scientific & Technical Officer (02 posts Unreserved and 01 post reserved for OBC)
- The Selected candidate will carry out experimental work and research in gravitational wave science and engineering.
- As part of the LIGO-India team at IUCAA, he/ she will shoulder the responsibility of installing and commissioning the detector.
- This work involves expertise and experience in Detector operations, Interferometric techniques and optical design, Quantum optics, Precision experiments, Seismic isolation, or Control systems, among others.
- A positive performance in this role will lead to increased responsibilities, and an opportunity to grow within the project.
- The selected candidate will have to take up science case studies, and contribute to education and public outreach, as and when required.
- He/ she will have some time for individual research.
- The Selected candidate will have to work at Hingoli as and when required.
B.E./ M.Sc. with 2 years’ experience or M.E. with 1 years’ experience in a relevant subject area (Physics/ Electronics/ etc. or Engineering streams such as Mechanical/ Electrical/ Electronics/ Instrumentation/ Computer Science/etc.).
35 years (Relaxation as per Govt. of India norms)
Pay Level-10 with starting basic pay of Rs. 56, 100/- with other allowances as per GOI norms.
How to Apply?
To apply online, click here. The last date to apply is February 28, 2020.
Phone Number: 020 2560 4100