Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the post of Scientific & Technical Officer –E at IUCAA, Pune.
The Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA) is an autonomous institution set up by the University Grants Commission of India to promote nucleation and growth of active groups in astronomy and astrophysics in Indian universities.
Qualification & Experience
- At least B.E./M.Sc./MCA or equivalent degree in Physics / Computer Science or a related field with 8 years’ experience or M.E. with 6 years’ experience.
- Three years’ experience in system administration in Linux / Unix environment, including HPC cluster system. Familiarity with HPC hardware and Data Centre infrastructure as well as fluency in using Unix scripting language is essential.
- Managing and configuring network hardware and service protocols in a LAN environment is desirable.
Job Description & Responsibilities
Managing and planning computing infrastructures (high performance/throughput computing facilities and several auxiliary services) for gravitational wave science at IUCAA and for LIGOIndia, including supervising the work of other gravitational wave computing staff to provide support for 24×7 uptime and technical assistance to the users.
45 years (Relaxation as per Govt. of India norms)
Pay Level L-12 with starting basic pay of Rs.78,800/- with other allowances as per GOI norms.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the post through this link.
August 31, 2021
Click here to view the official notification for the post of Scientific & Technical Officer –E at IUCAA, Pune.
More such opportunities that you might be interested in:
- JRF (Earth & Environmental Sciences) Under WBPCB Funded Project at IISER Bhopal: Apply by Aug 31
- JOB POST: Interns/Project Associate at School of Planning and Architecture, Bhopal: Online Interview on Sep 1