Indian Statistical Institute (ISI), an Institute of National Importance under Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI), Government of India, invites applications from eligible Indian nationals for recruitment in the posts of Scientific Assistant A, for its Headquarters in Kolkata, and outlying Centres, Branch, and Units located in different parts of India, on Direct Recruitment Basis.
Indian Statistical Institute is a public research university that is recognized as an institute of national importance in the 1959 act of the Indian parliament. It grew out of the Statistical Laboratory set up by Prasanta Chandra Mahalanobis in Presidency College, Kolkata.
Scientific Assistants (19)
- Agriculture (01)
- Library Science (01)
- Computer Science (13)
- Biological Science (01)
- Physics (01)
- Economics (01)
- Geology (01)
- Assistance in scientific/ technical work, research projects, publication, etc..
- Performing and supervising field-work; collection, compilation, and analysis of data/ samples.
- Doing laboratory tests and analysis; geological drawings (maps, figures, etc.).
- 3-D drawings of fossil bones and mounting; drawings related to biology, plant-chemistry, etc.
The candidate should possess:
- A Master’s degree in Agriculture/ Library Science/ Information Science/ Documentation/ Computer Science/ Computer Applications/ any branch of Biological Sciences/ Physics/ Economics/ Geology/ Applied Geology, or equivalent.
- At least one year’s additional working experience in the relevant field.
₹35,400 – ₹1,12,400/- in the Pay Level 6 (7th CPC) plus other admissible allowances as per Central Government norms.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
The last date to apply is July 31, 2020.
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in JOB POST: Associate Scientists at Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata [17 Vacancies]: Apply by July 31.