The Indian National Science Academy (INSA), New Delhi and Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), New Delhi have come together to organize a photo/ painting and one-minute-film competition.
The idea is that in addition to their specialization, people should be able to see, understand, and appreciate science around them. A critical look will help in fostering and promoting the scientific spirit, interest in research and will encourage creative abilities.
- The theme for the competition is ‘Science through My Eyes’.
- Any suitable subtheme under this main theme may be chosen.
- Some examples of subthemes are science in the lab/ kitchen/ sports/ hospital/ home/ at work.
- The creation may include any work in the above forms related to the covid19 virus, healthy life, geo-heritage, health, fascinating space, and any subtheme covered under the main theme ‘Science though My Eyes’.
One First (Rs. 10,000/-), one second (Rs. 7000/-), two-third (Rs. 5000/- each), and three encouragement (Rs. 3000/- each) prizes will be given. There will be thus 7 prizes for each of the 3 groups for the 2 categories viz. still image and films. However, based on the judges’ recommendation, the organizers reserve the right to change the number of prizes
Entries, not awarded by any organization earlier, are solicited under two categories:
- Still-Image Category: Digital image of an original painting made by the entrant OR a photograph (in jpeg format) or computer-made picture using software under any of the subthemes, should not be larger than 5 MB. If created using computer software, the creative element should be distinguishable.
- One Minute-Video-Film Industry: May be shot with a mobile phone, regular camera/ Handycam. However, the entry should be in MP4 format. The length of the film (including title, credits, and the main content) should not exceed 60 seconds. The maximum file-size allowed is 25 MB after compression. The films should be uploaded on YouTube.
Call for Entries
The still images/ youtube link for the video should along with other information should be e-mailed at InsaSerbPhotoFilm@gmail.com.
E-mail should be accompanied by the following information:
- Name(s) of submitter(s)
- Category of Still Image or One Minute Film
- A short title of the film should start with INSASERB.
- Group (i, ii or iii as given under Point-1 above)
- Contact details including phone no. (Mobile number and/ or landline number, e-mail ID with complete postal address
- Self-certification of the work submitted being original, created by the submitter(s) only, and all rights being owned by the submitter(s) and
- A brief introduction (not more than 100 words) in Hindi or English about the science in the image or film.
The entries may be sent till July 15th, 2020. The winners will be individually informed.
Email ID: InsaSerbPhotoFilm@gmail.com
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in Call for Entries: NASA CineSpace Short Film Competition 2020 [Total Prizes Upto Rs. 19 L]: Submit by July 16.