SOF is pleased to announce the “Girls Child Scholarship Scheme” 2017-18.
Under GCSS, SOF awards education scholarships worth Rs. 5000 each to 300 girl children in India who are academically inclined and come from financially weaker section of the society.
Salient Features of the Scheme:
- The G.C.S.S. is an annual scholarship covering one academic year of a girl child.
- Under G.C.S.S., 300 deserving girl children will be selected from across India.
- The selection of the G.C.S.S. students will be done from recommendations sent by schools.
- Each selected girl will be awarded a scholarship of Rs. 5000 to support her school education.
- The G.C.S.S. amount will be released by 31st Dec 2017.
- Cheque for the amount, in favor of the selected student, will be dispatched at her school address.
Criteria for Selection:
- A school may send a proposal recommending a girl child for consideration for G.C.S.S.
- Each school may recommend only one girl child.
- Proposal should be signed byte school Principal / Head Master / Head Mistress only.
- Proposal should be in the specified format (enclosed) and complete in all respects/with required attachments.
- The girl being nominated must be studying in recommending school in class Two to class Ten.
- She should have scored at least aggregate 60% marks or equivalent grade in previous class.
- The school should send a copy of her previous year’s report card duly certified by the principal to SOF along with the GCSS application form.
- The marks criteria may be waived off for a child with major physical disability.
- Child’s parents’ combined monthly income should be less than Rs. 15000.
- All proposals received will be evaluated by a Committee set up by SOF.
- Qualifiers of G.C.S.S. will be notified individually and through respective schools.
- Decision of the SOF Committee will be final and binding.
- In case of any dispute, jurisdiction will vest with Delhi courts only.
- Recommendation under G.C.S.S. should be submitted by 31st Oct 2017, at the National Office of Science