The Indian Academy of Sciences, Bengaluru, Indian National Science Academy, New Delhi, and The National Academy of Sciences, India, Prayagraj invite applications for the Summer Research Fellowship Program for Students and Teachers 2021.
The three national Science Academies offer several two-month Summer Fellowships to enable students/ teachers (studying/ teaching in India) to work with scientists associated with the three Academies during 2021. Applications are invited from interested students and teachers from all universities and colleges affiliated to UGC/ AICTE/ MCI/ Accredited Institutions of State Universities for these Fellowships.
Applicants should be studying in one of the following:
- B.S./ B.Sc/ B.VSc (II year only)
- B.Pharm (III and IV years only)
- BE/ B.Tech/ BCA (II and III years only)
- B.Arch (II, III, and IV years only)
- M.S./ M.Sc/ M.VSc/ M.Pharm (I year only)
- M.E./ M.Tech/ MCA/ M.Arch (I year only)
- (5-year integrated) M.S./ M.Sc / M.Tech/ MBBS (II, III, IV years only)
- Pharm.D (III, IV years only)
- (dual degree) B.Tech + M.Tech (II, III, IV years only)
- (dual degree) B.E. + M.Sc (II, III, IV years only)
- (dual degree) B.S. + M.S. (II, III, IV years only)
- Integrated Ph.D. (I, II years only)
- M.Sc Tech (I, II years only)
- Teachers must be teaching in a College/ University.
- The minimum percentage of average marks in core subjects only (i.e. excluding languages) from X std. up to post-graduation (whichever years completed) should be 65% or above for students.
- The minimum percentage of average marks does not apply to teachers.
- Ph.D. students are not eligible.
- Applicants who have availed the Academies fellowship twice before are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply?
- The applicant should include a write-up (about 150–250 words) as to the specific area of the applicant and indicate what he/ she would like to learn and achieve through this fellowship.
- It can also include the specific experiment or theory that the applicant wants to work on but NOT a general description of the area.
- The write-up should not be a “copy and paste” job from any source.
- Do not use special/ scientific characters like Ø Ü etc. as the software will prevent you from uploading the application with such characters.
- Both student and teacher applicants must upload scanned versions of mark sheets from class X till the last examination in JPEG Format (the size of each marks sheet should not exceed 700 kb).
- Teacher applicants should upload their publications if any.
- On selection, an authorization letter from the Principal/ HoD that necessary permission/ leave of absence will be granted should be sent by post to the Coordinator, SRFP 2021, Indian Academy of Sciences, Bengaluru 560 080.
- Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
- The last date to apply is November 30, 2020.
For full notification, click the link below.