Interested candidates will participate in a rigorous and thorough selection process, designed to identify the most promising young leaders from around the world.
The process includes an online application and credentials evaluation as well as in-person regional interviews. Those selected will have demonstrated their potential to not only benefit from but also contribute to the Schwarzman Scholars program.
- Undergraduate degree or first degree from an accredited college or university or its equivalent.
- Candidates must be at least 18 but not yet 29 years of age as of August 1, 2018
- Applicants must demonstrate strong English skills, as all teaching will be conducted in English.
Required Forms and Records Include:
- A complete and successfully submitted online application, including the requested personal statement(s) and supplementary components below.
- Uploaded transcripts/academic records from every degree-granting college or university attended (undergraduate or graduate – must be combined into one PDF and then uploaded). If transcripts are not in English, official translations must be included.
- Four electronic letters of recommendation. At least one of these letters must come from a recommender who can comment on the specific examples of leadership described in the candidate’s application, but the recommender must at least be able to comment on the candidate’s leadership qualities from direct knowledge of the candidate. Recommendations must be translated to English by a professional translator if written in another language.
- Video: Submission of a video is strongly recommended but not required. The video can be up to one minute in length, and candidates are invited to introduce themselves in any style or setting they think best conveys their interests and personality. Note: the file must be less than 20MB in order for you to upload it to the application.
- An essay in three sections: The essay falls into three distinct sections.
- Current resume/CV: Please submit a resume or c.v. appropriate for any application for employment in your country. This can be no longer than 2 pages.
Applicants holding a passport from any other country, will apply between April 17, 2017 and September 28, 2017. Finalists will be notified in mid-October if they are to be invited to interviews. Interviews will take place in three locations around the world, with candidates being invited to the geographically closest location.
Applicants from all other countries and regions must apply using the global application system:
- Online application opens on April 17, 2017 and closes on September 28, 2017
- Interviews will take place in three locations around the world
- Admissions Decisions will be made by mid-November 2017