Registrations are invited for School Innovation Ambassador Program 2021 from teachers by CBSE. The last date of registration is 10 July 2021.
About School Innovation Ambassador Program
New Education Policy has laid huge emphasis on promoting out-of-the-box thinking amongst students. To achieve this goal, the role of a teacher is highly significant. The teachers should become mentors and guide these young minds in their pursuit of innovation and entrepreneurship. Thus, it is equally crucial for mentors to have adequate mentoring skills.
With this aim, School Innovation Ambassador program has been conceptualized by Ministry of Education Innovation Cell and All India Council for Technical Education to train the school teachers across country who will nurture the young school students on Ideation, IPR, product development, design thinking, problem-solving and critical thinking
In order to strengthen the mentoring capacity of teachers for Nurturing and handholding ideas from students, CBSE in collaboration with the Ministry of Education’s Innovation Cell and AICTE is launching an online ‘Innovation Ambassador Program’. In this program, the teachers shall be trained on the following five modules:
- Design Thinking & Innovation
- Idea generation & Ideal hand-holding
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Product / Prototype development
- Finance, HR and Sales
Role of the Innovation Ambassador
- Help in creating the culture of Innovation in their respective schools
- Mentor the teachers and students of their respective schools and nearby schools
- Provide support to other schools as resource person
- Spread the message of innovation and start-ups among the students and faculties.
- Act as an evaluator for Idea Competitions conducted at national level.
- Act as a Mentor for the national level program on Innovation and related activities.
The School have to nominate Five teachers through School Innovation Ambassador website:
- The Schools which have registered earlier through the google form should login at above link with the email ID of SPOC (Single Point of Contact). The nominations which they have made through the google form will appear under their login. If they have nominated less than five teachers earlier they can nominate 5 now. They can also correct / update the details or any duplicate entry.
- The unregistered Schools have to register on the above link and should nominate five teachers from their school for the training.
- The portal user manual is available on the website.
- The training will be provided on first come first serve basis, depending on the seats available.
- Nomination of teachers will be done by respective School Principals/Vice Principals.
- Nominated teachers will be informed about their batch, date, and timing of training through email and website in advance (on the email id provided at the time of registration).
- The first batch of training will start from 20th July 2021.
- One School can nominate maximum 5 teachers for School Innovation Ambassador Program
- SPOC can also register themselves for training.
- Involved in developing innovative student projects.
- Has passion for working with students on developing new ideas.
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills.
- Good communication and analytical Skills
- Participated in any science/innovation exhibition, hackathons and idea competitions etc.
Assistant Innovation Director
Innovation Cell, MoE, AICTE
Click here to view the official notification of School Innovation Ambassador Program 2021 for Teachers by CBSE.
You may also be interested in: